• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Scalloped Potatoes with Kielbasa

msFootrope

Okay, here is the thread that I really wanted to see. Cooking on the boat! I am hoping that people will use this thread to share recipes that work well on the boat. I thought I would start this thread with the recipe that I brought to the potluck in Pacific Northwest Potluck in 2005 and 2007. This recipe originally came from a friend's grandmother and is officially named "Grandma Ann's Scalloped Potatoes." I modified it by adding the onions and Kielbasa.

Scalloped Potatoes with Kielbasa

4 Large Russet Potatoes
¼ C onion (I usually use a lot more than the recipe calls for)
Kielbasa
3 TBSP Butter
3 TBSP Flour
½ TSP Salt
2 C Milk
8 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated

Peel potatoes, and then them in slices horizontally across the potato.
In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour. Stir constantly until mixture begins to brown. Remove from heat, stir in milk and salt. Stir constantly over medium high heat until sauce thickens.

In 3 quart casserole greased with butter, layer potatoes, onions, kielbasa, cheese, and sauce.

Cover and bake at 350° F for 45-60 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly (I don't know if the oven on our boat runs hot, but it's never taken more than 45 minutes to cook).