• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

155 Drifter for E23 for sale

TwistedLogic

Member II
I have a 155% Drifter that came with my E23-2 from the PO. My boat has roller furling, and this sail is equipped with hanks, so it is of no use to me.
29' Luff, 28' Leach, 15'8" foot, made by Sails US, Alternate white and pale yellow panels, fairly light weight material, I would guess about 2 oz, but I am no sailmaker. The sail is clean with no damage, and passes the "Bacon Sails Pop Test". Would make a great light wind genoa. I would like $150 to go towards my new main sail.

TwistedLogic

Member II
No takers yet. I am going to run it up the mast this weekend to see what it looks like when its vertical and pulling. So far I have only seen it on the driveway. I'll let you know Monday what I see.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
alright...thats cool...i may very well be interested...it
has hanks, right? let me know the mfg, if you see a sailmaker
mark also...thanx !!

richard
colorado

ps: workin on the bottom this summer...target date next summer to
get our little e23 on the lake...rigging, mast, and deck work are next...

:egrin:

TwistedLogic

Member II
The sail has a "SAIL USA" label on the luff. I do not know if that is a sail maker or broker. It is a hank on sail.
I flew the sail today and it looked very good. No defects that I noted and it holds a very nice shape.
It doesn't work for me now that my boat has roller furling.
Let me know if it will work for you.
Good luck on the bottom job. I just got my boat back in the water in June. Luckily I have a year round season.:)

Bob in Va

Member III
Something to consider...

You can get "Kiwi Slides" that fasten to the hank grommets and fit within the roller furler groove - they allow you to use a hank-on sail on a furler foil. The only bad news is the smallest size they have is a "6" which corresponds to 6/32" or 3/16" so if your groove is a "5" they won't fit. Great for getting more use out of a hank-on sail after you have gone to a roller setup, though. These slides are available from Anzam.

rbonilla

sounds good...i can go as high as $100 for this sail...most $ going into bottom and keel work right now...but, if you are game, i can pay pal the $ if you just promis to ship to colorado...thanx....richard

The sail has a "SAIL USA" label on the luff. I do not know if that is a sail maker or broker. It is a hank on sail.
I flew the sail today and it looked very good. No defects that I noted and it holds a very nice shape.
It doesn't work for me now that my boat has roller furling.
Let me know if it will work for you.
Good luck on the bottom job. I just got my boat back in the water in June. Luckily I have a year round season.:)

TwistedLogic

Member II
Tell you what. Its a nice sail, well worth the $150. I am willing to UPS it to you. If its what you want, send me a check for $150. If not, UPS it back. No risk to you except a potential UPS bill. No risk for me unless you keep the sail, disappear from site and I have to send my brother in-law after you.:)
I noticed from your other posting that you need more sails. I have a main from the 23-2. I think it is the original sail, but I was still sailing it last week. It is baggy, but its not damaged. Very usable but not competitive for my racing. If you want, I can send that along also. I would say $100 for the main. Same "ship and look" deal. $250 for a set of usable sails ain't bad! Let me know.

rbonilla

Ok...sounds fair enough...I wikk pass on the main..as I am really looking for
North sails at this point.....I will fwd a $150 check once I look her over (the
150 drifter) ... please ship to >>

Richard Bonilla
201 Cheyenne Drive
Berthoud, Colorado 80513

970.391.6365 (cell)..

Thanx !!!

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
You guys should check the hoist before shipping. The Mk2 has a taller mast than the Mk1. The sail might be too long.

rbonilla

Mark has a good point as my e23 is older than the one your sail is used on...b4 shipping, let me check the measurements to make sure it will fit...

Thanx Mark !!

Richard
colorado

Tell you what. Its a nice sail, well worth the $150. I am willing to UPS it to you. If its what you want, send me a check for $150. If not, UPS it back. No risk to you except a potential UPS bill. No risk for me unless you keep the sail, disappear from site and I have to send my brother in-law after you.:)
I noticed from your other posting that you need more sails. I have a main from the 23-2. I think it is the original sail, but I was still sailing it last week. It is baggy, but its not damaged. Very usable but not competitive for my racing. If you want, I can send that along also. I would say $100 for the main. Same "ship and look" deal. $250 for a set of usable sails ain't bad! Let me know.

TwistedLogic

Member II
After I folded it up real pretty! I will go retrieve it from shipping and put a measuring tape on it. Beat the UPS pickup by 1 hour. By the way, shipping would have been $11.74. I will send you the luff measurement as soon as I can.

rbonilla

Twisted...In checking my paperwork and owners manual, it looks like the sail info is as follows: (e23-1) I=26.25 / P=21.0 / J=8.75 / E 9.5 / HHAW=30.08

I am not sure what the HHAW # is?.....BTW: Once concern for me is this info is being taked directaly out of a Ericson Inc owners manual ... w/no date stamp...some of the pages have a "12/77-1"..2, page 3 ...etc...w/some 1985 part lists w/prices in the back....

Anyway, I have a "1968 hull52/Type 1" I today I plan on dropping by the boat yard and actually measuring my mast to see the actual lenghth is I guess it would be wise to also measure out the headstay, to verify that # as well I will report back to you this afternoon w/confirmed, actual measurements....Please wait to ship until we verify the size...Thanx !!

Richard
colorado

Last edited:

rbonilla

Twisted...my actual measurements are:

mast = 25.52 feet
headstay = 27.14 feet (eye bolt to pin...w/aprox a 3" trunbuckle adjusting device "in line")...

your headstay must be for a tall rig, or a newer e23, ea? .. i am glad we checked 1st...THANX MARK F !!!

richard
colorado

:clap:

TwistedLogic

Member II
My boat is #220, a Mark II. Didn't know that there was that much difference. Close, but no cigar. :esad:
Any Mark II owners out there that need a drifter or an old main?

boatbeat

Do you still have that head sale

i just bought a e23-2 and interested call me if you still have it. Vic 734 394 9045