• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Summer 2007

Exposure

Well it's time for still air and noseeum filled mornings, but arround 10-11 the winds start brewing and the bugs burrow back to the depths from which the came.
All a sailor needs to do is pull away from the dock early, prep the anchor for those afternoon thunderstorms, and head offshore. Out there in summer is where the wind will be at it's best and most of the yahoo hazards are dedicated to the ditch.
If your in the channel and some thrill junkie wants to run yea a ground just hold your line and rember your draft. Take the troft of the wake into account; Stay away from the edge of the channel. These stink-pots when pushing a wall of water in a plow can left your boat up, pushing out of the channel, and set your vessle onto the sandbar hard-a-ground.
I've been fortunate so far, but a friend moving his ebay new Pearson Triton would not believe me. He found out the hard way and was set on a bar with an outgoing tide. Not only did he lose a day, but the impeller went dry and she was done for. Luckily I sent him with a motor mount and he used his dinghy outboard to continue on. Hard to get parts at sea, even if ya in the ICW. :rolleyes:

Stories, Advice, Encouragement, and What ever The Summer Breeze Blows your way, Feel free to share it here. SUMMER 2007

:egrin: