• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bimini & Dodger

taz4

E29 1977
Hi there,

Im looking at getting a dodger and possibly a bimini for my E29 and was wondering if anyone has any standard designs or places to contact to have one made. My boat is in the lake erie, sandusky area and the companies are not plentiful that do this work. So my thinking is that'll I have to get something made long distance.

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.:egrin:

tdtrimmer

Member II
My E38 was in the Dertoit area when I had the Bimini and Dodger built several years ago. I got several quotes and a fellow in Windsor had by far the best price. He did the work on my boat and on several other boats and his work is excellent. His name is Rob and his number is 519 728-0093. It might be worth taking your boat up the Detroit River to Windsor. He came over and did mine on the US side so depending on how busy he is meeting him in the Toledo area might be an option.

He di a California style bimini/dodger for me. With this style, the dodger and bimini are at the same height so visibility is excellent. I would do it the same way again.

Rob also made cockpit cushions for me.

Tom
S/V Mistress
1981 E38

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
wheel or tiller?

Is your 29 a wheel or tiller boat? The wheel boat has the mail sheeting in front of the wheel and you must use two biminis tops to cover the helm area and the cockpit. I have a bimini for the cockpit on my 29 but it would not work with a dodger. Let me know if you would like any info on this style bimini.

taz4

E29 1977
Tom,

That sounds good Ill give Rob a call. The only problem is its still a fair sail and Im wondering how long it would take him??

Randy,

My E29 is wheel steering, I would definitely be interested in any pics/designs you have as well.