• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

FS: Ericson 32-2 Sails and some S2 7.9 sails... and a bomar hatch

Cary Diehl

Ok... so I've been racing my S2 7.9 and the ericson has many sails just sitting in the basement- so it is time to reduce inventory a bit. The I=38, J=13, P=31.5, E=13

Here is what I've got and what I think they are worth-

Hood Mainsail, Dacron, 1998 Sail. It is tripple stiched with UV thread. Full batten sail and has the sail slugs. It also is a shelf foot with a bolt rope on the bottom. The sail is in good + condition. Fast still for anyone wanting to race or cruise. I would like to get $500 for this sail.

A Dacron 170% hank on sail. I don't know the age of this sail, but it still has some shape. It would be a good drifter. I would rate this sail in Fair shape. I would like $300 for it.

A 150% Technora Genoa by Gleason. Year is also 1998, didn't see much use after 2000 as we got a kevlar all purpose #1. This is crosscut. It has a few stress marks from the clew going up at an angle. The sail is very strong and very light weight. Very flat cut, it sails us at 31 degrees off of apparent wind. Its too light to use in over 15 knots. New this was close to 3k, I am thinking around $500 for it.

I also have a 150% genoa from my s2 I'd like to sell. The prices on these sails I think are very fair, and I've made them low incase you need to have them cut to fit your boat. It might fit smaller ericsons. The I=30, J=9.5, P=29.5, E=12.25. This sail is a Sobstad Genesis made of pentex and technora strands. Very nice sail, still quick. I was thinking around 250 bucks.

There is also 2 mainsails from this boat I'd like to part with. I've upgraded to kevlar for the boat-

I've got a 1995 dacron Doyle mainsail. It is a good cruising mainsail. Flat cut for a non-bendy rig. It has bolt rope on both edges. Would be easily converted to slugs. I would like around $150 for this one.

I've got a 2001 dacron Doyle mainsail. This sail is a 2+2 on the battens. It has a loose foot and bolt rope on the luff. It too could be converted to slugs. This sail is good +, I'd like to get maybe $350 for this one.

Lastly, I've got a bomar opening hatch to sell too. This is a black plastic hatch, with a plastic frame. It doesn't leak and is solid. I decided to replace it with a lewmar low profile one. I like the friction hinges that the lewmars have. The cutout size for it is 16 7/8" square. I was thinking $50 bucks gets it.

All prices are ebay rules- pay and I'll ship it. Add shipping to the prices unless we negotiate something else. Contact me privately if your interested. My e-mail is ochen@sbcglobal.net

Cary Diehl

All of the headsails except for the 170 have luff tape. The Ericson sails should be #6 luff tape, and the S2 sails are #5 luff tape.

As for the roller furling use... It doesn't have a UV strip on it, and it was made to go from tack hook to high point on the rig. However, if your rig is taller than mine, it might work out perfect?

goodwinds

150% Genoa

My father has a E32 and needs to replace genoa.
How do I know which of the 4? E32 models his is?
He is trying to pull blown sail to measure the size.

We're looking at Bacon and/or new sail possibility.
Do you have any suggestion if yours wouldn't do?

P.S. How do your luff tape #s fit with 1/4 or 3/16?

Thanks - :egrin:

Cary Diehl

Its easy to tell what model E32 you have... First by the year. If it was built in the 70s, you most likely have a mk2. If it was built in the 80s its most likely a mk3.

You can also tell by the number of small port holes you have. 3 on each side in front of the ericson long windows is a mk2.

If you post a picture of the boat I can tell you too what model it is.

goodwinds

Thanks - it is about a 1987, so it sounds like a E32-3.

It seems like your 150% might fit our rig - if it is I=42.
I need to find out what % he has been sailing till now.

The luff tape size question? Could we just measure it?

Thanks again!! :egrin:

Last edited: