• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Installing a Bow Roller on an E29

I was wondering if anyone had installed a bow roller on thier E29. I would love to see some pictures. I need to install one on our boat but in looking at the front there does not seem to be a good straight place in front of the forestay connection to mount one.

Any thoughts, suggestions comments?

ChrisS

Member III
The PO of my boat did a great install. He had a welder cut a space in the roller for the forestay tang--most production boats of this vintage that I have seen have the roller offset of the bow, which probably works okay too.

Attachments

• IMG_1388_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG_1388_1_1_1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 324

Steve Swann

Member III
E 25 Custom bow anchoring

Here is a picture the one I had made for my E25. As you can see, this is a Horizon claw that is fit off-center to stb, but fits fairly snug. It required that I drill holes for my nav lights (if I wanted to keep them in the same place), and welding everything onto a ss plate (with a backing plate). I think I could lift my boat with this thing - and you don't want to know how much it cost! I must have been out of my mind (easy for me to do).

FYI, I don't like where I put the chain stopper, but if I remove the pin completely, run the anchor chain in or out, then replace the pin, it works fine. I just don't have a lot of foredeck room and the anchor rode locker down below is...um, really small, consequently, everything is a bit scrunched up (is this a nautical term?). Also, if you do what I did, get rid of that stupid beaded chain and swage on ss wire to prevent losing stuff! You DON'T want to lose your hawsepipe cover, or parts of your chain stopper, each lost overboard item is about the same cost as buying the whole d*mn assembly if you go to West Marine!

Attachments

• Anchor Assembly MOD 2.jpg
    Anchor Assembly MOD 2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 204