• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sails for sale and trade

Well, we have 11 bags of sails that came with our boat. Many have rarely ever been used. I think we are going to keep the working jib and a 170 Genoa. Our main is very dirty but seems to be in good shape overall. However, the Admiral would like to have a new mainsail with the ericson logoa and the 29 indication on our main. I'm guessing that there are sail lofts out there that would buy our un-needed sail and would maybe make us a new mainsail.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to which sail loft to contact about looking at our sails and making us an offer of either cash or in trade for making us a new main?

Thanks,
Bart

Btw, we have forgotten to take pictures on our last two days out. Yesterday we had about 5-10 k of wind and were making better than 6 knots in our E29!!! Today we had little or no wind but still were making at least 2 knots. This thing is a light wind animal!!!!

goodwinds

Furling genoa

Would you consider selling just furling genoa sail only?
I am trying to help my father replace a blown out E32.
I don't know which, but guessing 125-150% would do?
Please let me know ASAP.:egrin:

P.S. Bacon in Anapolis sells used sails, they might buy?

e38 owner

Member III
Trade In Trade Up

About this time of year North offers its trade in trade up sale.
The result is that you get a discount off a new sail that is greather than what you could sell it for. IF you want sails from big blue it is something to consider

Sails

I have Three North Sails Spinnakers that look like they've never been used. I have a 150 Genoa that I don't expect to use. I have 3 Stay sails that I don't know how to use. We could use a new main and a good working jib. I may contact Davis to talk to them. Does anyone have contact information for them? I haven't taken full measurements on all the sails but did roll them out and besides the 170 genny that we enjoy using in light winds, don't really have any other what I would consider good headsails.

Sounds like we would just need to ship all our unused sails to Davis and have them check them out and put pricing on them. Does anyone know what they do in terms of percentage?

hankcope

sails

I'm looking to buy a used spinnaker and a genoa for my 1977 E29. Could you email me if your are interested in selling? Thanks.

Hank
1977 E29 Little Wing
Charleston, SC

Gmilburn

Member III
Hi Bart,

I have part of the solution for you. I had BOATUS Graphics make a custom design "Ericson Helmet" Logo and "29" for my mainsail--only to find a new E-29 tall sail listed on EBay--which I purchased. It had both the original Ericson logo and 29 on it. Now I'm stuck with the graphics--two each of the Logo (about 23 inches tall) and two of the "29" that are 18 inches tall. (I can check the exact measurments this weekend--as I am traveling this week). They are black self adhesive vinyl and the Ericson logo is of the perfect dimensions and ratio from this site's download area. They were custom made for me in March 2009.

I paid about $200 for all--and have the receipt available to verify if anyone is interested.

Anyone interested? Anything over half of my investment will be considered--email me a private message: gmilburn on this site.