• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

need new holding tank for '85 E38

yknotsail

Removed a very used (ugh) holding tank after buying my E38 in '98 and replaced it with a Lectra San Type III MSD. After cruising Bahamas for 6 years, we want to hang out in the Florida Keys next winter and its a no discharge area and LectraSan is illegal.

We want to install a holding tank again but need to find the original L-shaped tank that Ericson put in the aft settee seat area next to the port side head.

Any leads on a tank???

Captron

Member III
Holding Tank

Just finished ordering a holding tank for my E38 (1983). My interior is different from yours. I have a traditional interior with straight settees and a centerline table so my tank is different.

However that said, I did get a drawing of an original Ericson tank that may fit your boat from a company called Ronco Plastics. The tank they thought fit the E38 is a B-130.

I ended up ordering a B-142 as the best fit for mine.

email Ronco at roncoplastics@gmail.com

their website is ...
http://www.ronco-plastics.net/

you can download their catalog from there.

I spoke with Rich Grey at 714.259.1385 (Ronco in California).

I also had an Electra-san unit installed in the boat when we bought it. It subsequently failed and so I replaced it with a new one that lasted one season, started leaking and is now sitting on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

I think the idea of onboard sewage treatment is the right way to go but with the stupid laws we have in this country, adequate systems will never be developed and so we are conforming to the idiocy along with everyone else.
:devil: