• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Any leftovers from past new sole project?

Dferr

Member II
Would anyone have a piece of old teak and holly sole leftover from a new sole project? I just need a piece to replace a bilge cover, and I'd like to get that weathered look, so it somewhat matchs the rest of my sole. I'm not sure of the exact measurments just yet, it's for a 1982 E-38, it's the piece in front of the mast. So if anyone has an old piece laying around they could sell please let me know.

Thanks,
Don

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Hey Don, I am just finishing up replacing my sole so I will have some scraps of the old stuff. It will need refinishing but shouild be usable. get me the measurements and I can tell you if I have what you need.

Dferr

Member II
That would be great! I'll contact you after this weekend with the measurments, that's when I'll be down at the boat next. I believe the piece will be something like 12 x 24, but I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Don

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I probably have a piece that is very close to that size but the holly may not line up. If you can take a photo of your old one with a tape measure laid across, I can probably tell if it will work for you.

tdtrimmer

Member II
I have some pieces from the replacement on my 1981 E38. It is likely the same vintage as your boat so the teak and holly spacing should be the same. The newer teak and holly has a different spacing than the older material. Let me know if you need some and I'll send it for shipping cost. Be sure and measure the spacing so you end up with compatable material.
Tom

Dferr

Member II
Pictures

Here's some pics of the sole. The piece I would need is 10 3/4 wide by 23 3/4 long. The spacing between the holly is from out side of holly to out side of holly, it measures 3". The piece I need is the one in front of the mast. So, if anyone has an old sole for this poor sole that looks like it would be a good match, please let me know.

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

• 100_0106.jpg
    100_0106.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_0107.jpg
    100_0107.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 87

tdtrimmer

Member II
Don,
You're in luck. I have a piece 17 X 24 that came out of the aft "stateroom" if you want it. It will need to be refinished and will have several bung holes to fill but there is enough material there to construct a new cover. The holly, outside to outside measures 2 7/8". It's yours for shipping cost Fed Ex Ground.
Tom
S/V Mistress
1981 E38