• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cabin Sole Progress

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Today I cut all but 2 of the pieces of teak and holly to install for my sole. I rough cut all the pieces with a circular saw and then used a router to cleanup the edges. As you can see it looks pretty good but I still need to install the trim and build the access panels. I will also install a threshold under the head door and vberth door to cover those joints.

Attachments

• Sole1.jpg
    Sole1.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Sole2.jpg
    Sole2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 232
  • Sole3.jpg
    Sole3.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 227

Maine Sail

Member III
Looks great Tim!

Don't let him fool you though he can do more than just the sole in one weekend. This was what he & his wife did yesterday..

77949668.jpg

77949669.jpg

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Thanks Loren. I try to work on projects that rhyme!:egrin:
Don't let Maine Sail fool you. He did most of the work on the topsides.

tilwinter

Member III
sole survivor

Did you cut those pieces at the yard, or did you make templates and cut at home?

Did you impregnate back and cut edges with penetrating epoxy?

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I made a template using luan and tracing the old sole. I then made some minor changes so that the template and sole would fit through the hatch.

I Keep the boat at home so I did all the work there in my workshop and garage.

I coated the underside with west system epoxy before cutting. I will apply to the edges before installation.

markalan

Member II
Amazing work. I have to do my Olson 34 in the water. I have minor oxidation. Do you have any tips on that high gloss finish. It looks way better than the pro jobs that I see in our marina. You have taken shine to the next level. That's a pro job!
Mark

Don't let him fool you though he can do more than just the sole in one weekend. This was what he & his wife did yesterday..

77949668.jpg

77949669.jpg