• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E 38 Holding Tank

Captron

Member III
I'm about to order a new holding tank from Ronco but I need a little help.

Ronco sent me a drawing but it doesn't seem to match up real well with my ideas.

For one thing, where does it go? My boat had a Lectra-san unit under the port settee. Is that where the holding tank goes?

If that's the case, my measurements show that I could fit a holding tank with a max height of 13" but the Ronco drawing shows 14" ...

I also have an A/C unit under that settee FWIW. I'm not sure the new tank would allow room for the cold air ducting.

Thanks in advance :confused:

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Hey Ron,
Ours is located in the fwd section of the stbd cockpit locker... just as an fyi.
On our boat that's only a couple of feet from the head.

hathanger

Member II
roncon holding tank

Ron, Our boat ia a E-35 mkll 1984 and last year I put in a Roncon holding tank, the holding tank is on the port side under the settee bench just in front of the bul:) khead by the head. I had a 6" inspection port put in and it makes for a easy cleaning [ stinky but easy] I have the model number and my design at the boat, so if you need the info I'll go down tomorrow and post it.We live in Venice if you want to see it. Chip

John Butler

Member II
Ron,

I have an E-38 with the head on port forward of the salon. My holding tank is under the seat aft of the bulkhead that forms one wall of the head. Top of the holding tank shows "Ronco B-192". I stuck a measuring tape down the small gap between the seat frame and the holding tank (towards the inside of the boat) and the top of the holding tank was 14" from bottom. I can't tell if the holding tank is resting where the measuring tape hit bottom. On the side of the holding tank towards the outer side of the boat, it is not 14".

John

Captron

Member III
Holding Tank (Cont)

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have specified our layout. Kismet is a 1983 E-381 I think.

Our head is on the port side just aft of the shower which is just aft of the V-berth. Or looking forward, the head is separated from the salon by a plywood bulkhead at the forward end of the salon on the port side and just ahead of the mast.

I'll ask Ronco for the drawings of the B-192 ... the one they sent was for a B-130 (25 Gallons). I remeasured and the dimension is 14" if I remove the small platform where the Lectra-san was and don't allow for the cleats that hold a hatch in place. In other words, if I measure from the fiberglass stringer to the top of the cleat that holds the settee plank, the dimension is 14" but there's not even an extra 1/8" there.

Thanks again ... any and all help gratefully accepted.
:cheers:

Captron

Member III
Holding Tank

Hi again,

OK a little research through the Ronco Catalog and I found the B192 tank although the B130 is not in the catalog.

The difference is the B192 is 18 Gallons and the B130 is 25 gallons.

The difference is that the 25 gallon version has a somewhat triangular shaped appendage at the aft (outboard) end of the tank that measures about 14W x 9L (fore & aft) x 9.5D (triangle base). If you look down at the top of the tank (I think) it is almost L shaped ... I don't understand why unless it's intended to kind of wrap around the A/C unit?

Still thinking and hoping I don't get boarded anytime soon.

John Butler

Member II
Ron,

Here's a photo of my holding tank install. Maybe the appendage you mention fits into the L of the seat cutout. Thanks for letting me know the capacity of my holding tank. I thought my holding tank was about 25 gallons based on sales literature. However, 18 gallons seems more accurate based on pump-out experience.

John

Attachments

• DSC02614.jpg
    DSC02614.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 120

Captron

Member III
Holding Tank

John,

Thanks for the picture. That really helped a lot. I can see that you have a different cabin layout than we do. We have a traditional interior with centerline folding tables and our settees are straight and long with shelves and cubby holes behind the seat backs.

Neither the B130 nor the B192 will fit our boat so I guess we're back to talking with Ronco. The B130 is the shape of your space. The empty space shown on your picture would be filled with more tank by the B130 model tank.

Thanks again for the help. A picture saves a thousand words.
:cheers:

Last edited: