• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need Instrument

Howard Keiper

Help....I am trying to locate and buy a Standard Horizon WS45 wind direction / speed instrument. Just the instrument...I have everything else, and that's the problem.

Many thanks,

Howard Keiper
Sea Quest E-35 II
Berkeley

Glyn Judson

You need a Standard Horizon WS45

Howard, If you have the need matched with the patience and if all else fails after checking Craig's list and eBay, go to the Consignment Store list at Good Old Boat Magazine http://www.goodoldboat.com, it's in the column on the left and start your calling. There are 30 some odd contacts there all over the US and peeking up into Canada. I'm not saying that your instrument will be at one of them but it's a wonderful resource for findig stuff if you have the patience or need. I have a lovely Ideal windlass on my foredeck that lists for over $2,300 new that I could never get the CFO to approve the purchase of. I looked and looked and looked everywhere above and last year finally found a used one in Florida with a bad armature and chrome coming off the bronze. They wanted $49.00 for it and $50.00 to ship it to Santa Monica. I bought it in a heartbeat and including the cost of the 1/0 wire, foot switch, breaker, buss bar, it's installed (stripped of all chrome and now with a fine green patina), all for about $500.00 and the CFO never even blinked at the cost. That was just a fun little true story illustrating that you can virtually find anything on that list as I have numerous times over the last 12-15 years, honestly. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

windjunkee

Member III
Howard,

It is possible that is the model we took off the boat when we installed the B&G's. If you want, I can look around and see if I can find it. You're just talking about the display, right? I know we just cut the cable running down from the mast, but I'm almost certain the display is intact. If I find it, I can just send it to you. It'll have to be after the weekend though.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Howard Keiper

Jim...

Sounds like a winner..,I'd be glad to pay the shipping.

Glynn...

I'll check out the 'Good Old Boat' site when I finish this this. Thanx for the info.

Howard

windjunkee

Member III
Howard,

We have both the display and the masthead sensor unit, although we pretty much just cut it out so the cables will need to be spliced. Let me know if you want the sensor. Other than that, when my partner gets me the display, I'll get your address and ship it off to you.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Howard Keiper

Jim....

That's incredible...Many, many thanks. Just tell me what the shipping charges are and I'll get a check to you right away. Oooooh, you've made my day.
:egrin:
Howard