• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need Alcohol Stove Fuel Tank Replacement

simplemonkey

Member I
Since I do not seem to be able to find this tank anywhere online, I am wondering if they are still made. Can anyone offer a suggestion.
Thanks,
David
E35-II QuoVadis
New Orleans, LA

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Can't Give em Away!

Because Alcohol stoves developed a bad reputation catching fire and burning some boats down to the water line they are not installed in newer boats. I believe Kenyon still makes some models but they use a non priming type now. You can get the old stoves and tanks at marine surplus shops and junk yards for next to nothing or free now.

Read This Info:

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/cruisingkeywest/stoveinstr.html

Here's the new Kenyon Site:

http://kenyonappliances.com/marine/kiss.html

dwigle

Member III
what kind of tank?

Are you talking about a remote external tank, or one that is part of the stove? I have an external tank in decent condition that I would love to get rid of.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
E38 #8

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I have a brand-new in the box Origo 3000. Its part of an NOS deal I got when cleaning out an old boatyard. Make me an offer. Defenders got them for $300. RT

Sven

Seglare
I have a brand-new in the box Origo 3000. Its part of an NOS deal I got when cleaning out an old boatyard. Make me an offer. Defenders got them for $300. RT

If we didn't already have one we'd make you an offer ... it is fantastic. We're actually considering installing the Origo 6000 (stove/oven) version in the "new" Albin 25.

Whoever gets it should also pick up the pot holders as any wake will otherwise send your pots sliding all over.

-Sven

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Origo notes

When we bought our boat in '94 it came with an Origo 6000. At first my wife wanted me to do another "full Monty" propane installation like I did in the prior boat. After a short time she said to demote the stove/fuel changeover down the To-Do list. Then she took it off the list!
No pressure, no flareups, no worries.
And, also, "yes" on the adjustable pot holders.

If you should reach the point of considering an alternative to the old pressure alcohol hassles, look into fitting an Origo.
(Unsolicited opinions rendered while U wait.....)
:)

Loren

Last edited:

Emerald

Agree with Loren completely. Have an Origo stove/oven combo (6000?), and it works very nicely, and feedback from some friends who actually know how to cook is that it makes enough heat to be considered a real stove versus something to slowly boil water on :egrin:

I got curious and started looking for Origo stuff on the web, and it looks like they have a parent company. Were they bought, or always owned by someone else? Here's what I found:

http://www.dometic.com/templates/ProductCategory.aspx?id=1473

- update - went digging through their (Dometic) website, and looks like Origo was purchased in '86

Last edited: