• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Dinghy Outboards

Shadowfax

Member III
If you are looking for a lifting davit that breaks down, I bought the Garhauer version and I'm very pleased with it. Breaks in half and folds up and I think is rated to around 300 ponuds. Check it out www.garhauermarine.com

jkm

Member III
I concur that some sort of a lift off the boom will work just fine.

With a nice webbed hardness it'll be sweet and easy.

My davits just don't impress me.

John

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
The Garhauer unit is nice. So is the one Forespar makes but at $300 or more I cant justify it. I just bought an Evinrude 6hp off Ebay for $500 that looks to be in pretty nice shape. Hopefully it works out. New 6hp seem to run 1200 or more. I still need to get a new dinghy this fall, probably boat show, and need a new set of racing sails for the Jet 14 to campaign this summer so after the new Assym for the ericson I just bought I think I'm about done on boat $$$ this year...:boohoo:

Richard Elliott

Member III
Try to find a used Yamaha 8hp two cycle. Very reliable and light weight. As mentioned earlier, two cycles may be phased out in spite of minimal pollution due to 100:1 oil mix. I may even buy a second one to mothball for future use.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I tried to buy a number of 6's and 8's and the bidding took to prices close to 1,000. New ones aren't that much more. Would have loved to find one for 500-800.

jkm

Member III
I don't consider my self "old" but I realize that weight will become a factor as my back ages.

Though I'm enamored by the four stroke, a two stroke in great shape may be the way to go. I'm just not happy with the clutch on my Honda 2.

John