• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Parts wanted.

Glyn Judson

All,

I don't do this too often but I need your help finding two parts.

I need an old Garmin Differential antenna and integral 30 foot cable, the white mushroom one, not the black one with whip antenna. I also need the splitter that goes with it.

This said, Garmin had two antennas at the time that looked almost identical, the regular GPS one is also mushroom shaped but doesn't have as much vertical mass to the mushroom part as the Differential one. I need the beefier Differential antenna.

So if you know of either or both of these items (the antenna and the splitter) somewhere, I'd appreciate hearing from you. For that matter if you have an old Garmin Differential GPS unit that has these two antennas, let me know. This Differential antenna and splitter I need came with the Garmin 215 & 225 units way back when.

Thanks,

Glyn

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Hi Glyn, I have a new Garmin mushroom antenna that works with the 32XX series. It has a few twisted pair wires, not the coax.

Glyn Judson

Differential antenna.

Tim, Thanks for the come back but I need the one with a BNC connector on the end. Does anyone else have suggestions where I can find a Garmin mushroom style Differential antenna with BNC connector and the splitter? Regards, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Dgps

Glyn- If you are looking for a Garmin DGPS 53Beacon Antenna part# 010-00206-0? Call the West Marine in Seattle @ 1000 Mercer St. 206.292.8663 and ask for WM# 1337559. There inventory shows that they have one at the WHOPPING price of .66 cents. Originally $459.99. When I saw that Ebay popped in my mind. Good Luck. Rob Hessenius

Last edited:

Glyn Judson

Seeking Differential antenna.

Rob, Thanks for your detective work. Unfortunately that DGPS 53 Beacon antenna is not on the list of ones that will work with my Garmin 215 & 225. Despite that, I appreciate the effort you went to in order to get all that information for me. Regards, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
GPS Parts

Glyn- I have the splitter wire, Male to male BNC Garmin # 320-00090-00. If you need the Diff Beacon Recvier #010-00068-0? its at the WM in Marina Del Rey as WM # 142846. If you are looking for the actual mushroom antenna its a GA29 010-00174-03, the other style beefier, thicker was discontinued by Garmin and replaced by the GA29. I looked for that other antenna and cant even find Garmins old #. FWIW. Rob hessenius

Glyn Judson

GPS parts.

Rob, Thanks, I laready have the splitter cable but am lookig for the Garmin GA23 Differential antenna, the white mushroom one, their part number 010-00186-00. I also need the Garmin splitter, their part number 011-00393-00. I recently read on this list that Radio Shack also has a splitter of that sort but have not to date been able to determine from Garmin if just any old splitter will work or if it needs to be their discontinued splitter above. I have been around and around and around on that antenna part number and am sure the GA 23 is the one I need, not the GA22 or the GA29, but the GA23. That said, I already have the GA29 antenna for my Garmin 215 unit but it's missing the GA23 to make it differential useable. Thanks to you and anyone else who might be able to help me locate the splitter and the GA23 Differential mushroom antenna. I look forward to seeing a lot of you in Port Townsend on June 15. I'll be arriving again this year with Gary Stoop on his pristine E31 hull #19 and guide dog Frank, a sweet, sweet, one-year-old Golden will be with me too. Glyn Judson E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Garmin Parts

Glyn- Here is some info for you.

GA-23 Beacon Ant. Pole. #010-00186-00 WM #274402. $39.77
Qty 1 in Store 8 San Jose,. 408.246.1147
Qty 1 in Store 22 Mercer, 206.292.8663

Splitter Box #011-00393-00 WM #4356572 $20.99
Qty 1 in Store 117 St Petersburg 727.327.0072

Hope this helps you out. Give the stores a call and ask for the WM #, Have your CC ready, probably $7 to send it over to the left coast. Rob Hessenius

Glyn Judson

Help with needed parts.

Rob, A big thanks to you for your help. There's a splitter in Florida and an antenna in Santa Cruz shipping today to the Marina del Rey, CA West Marine store. By the end of next week both parts should be in my hands and just about installed on my boat. They turned out to be the very last two parts of their type available in the entier West Marine network, others listed non-existant. I consider myself very lucky and I owe you a big tip of the hat and a thanks to you for your great detective work. It might be of interest to you and others to know that some weeks ago I asked West Marine store 011, Marina del Rey, to do an enterprize search for these parts but only yesterday found out that they have the capability of checking only in their "reigon" what ever that means. They failed to tell me that I'd have to go to corporate for a nationwide search. Live and learn, I'll know next time how the system works. Regards and thanks again Rob, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
West Marine Searches

Glyn-- I'm glad you have had success in your quest for parts.
I know you can look at inventories in all the stores in the chain, not just by regions. It sounds like to me that they don't know how to or just lazy? I have to claw and scratch every possible dollar that I can here in Oshkosh. The marine industry is a whole lot different when your hays sunshine is four months. Amazingly enough, the Wisconsin stores are in the West Coast Region, kinda feel like the "red headed step-child". Rob Hessenius

Glyn Judson

GPS antennas finally installed

Rob, The saga stretched on a bit more than I'd hoped but ended up with a happy ending. Shipping of both the splitter and the antenna were botched up unbelievably witht htem only arriving after about a 10 day to two-week wait. My local West Marine kept calling for the antenna and was assured rather impatiently that it had been shipped long before. Well it turned out that it was still sitting on a shelf and hadn't been shipped at all. As a matter of fact several initial calls resulted in an assistand manager declaring that it was in a box of other stuff and he wasn'tgiong to take the time to find it. Finally Manager to Manager talked and a promise was made to ship. After that week-long lag, the antenna finally arrived. By coincidence there was a used antenna base on the bargin table at my West Marine which they almost gave to me. It's all installed and working fine now. Thanks for your detective work. Are you a West Marine employee? Regards, Glyn