• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2007 Chesapeake Bay Ericson Rendezvous

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Looked like a sucess to us!

Hello all! The "event" last Saturday looked like a big sucess to us.:egrin: I never saw so many Ericsons in one place on the bay at one time. Seeing five 38s rafted together was quite a site too. Since we didn't race our 32 but motored around you instead at the beginning of the race, we got some nice shots of all the "racing boats" together. I'll post a few here but put all of them on my photo studio (at full size) server so they can be downloaded by anyone. I'll post a link to them tomorrow on this site.

Hoping for more Ericsons next time so we can set up a second raft of boats. Maybe we'll be racing next time too. Hope to see most of you again at the boat show and, of course, on the bay.

Attachments

• IMG_0379_1.jpg
    IMG_0379_1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0381_2.jpg
    IMG_0381_2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0395_3.jpg
    IMG_0395_3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 65

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Great day for Ericsons for sure. My friend Mike even managed to get some flags for our start which was good. We had about 5kts of breeze at the start and about 2kts of current which made things interesting for all. I sailed with my wife and 2 kids who had a blast and were happy to meet all the other Ericson folks. I think Max is now our local Ericson Goodwill Ambassador! The race was a lot of fun. We had a spinnaker reach to Bloody point in about 5kts of breeze but then it filled in to a good 12-15 which gave us a handful getting that kite down with kids and a beer flying to leeward! We got the kite down and a reef in to have Red Rover pass us to windward just before the turn upwind. I managed to get the boat back on her feet and pinched it up in time to get inside at the mark. We continued upwind up Eastern bay and I did my best to sail the boat like a dinghy tacking on shifts when possible and keeping my 2 year old entertained. Max my 4 year old kept reminding me, "Daddy you may have passed the red boat but you still shrimped the kite", all the way up eastern bay. As we got near Rich neck the breeze let up enough to roll out the rest of the 150 and then shake the reef. We finished in about the same 3-5kts we started in with Sequoia not far behind. The raft up was great and I have a ton of photos to get up. My friend Mike got a ton of shots of us racing that I will get out as well. Results are below. One thing is for sure Vince Benn with Wild Blue wins the Best in Show award for his 1997 E-38 Wild Blue. I left the raft up with serious boat envy! What a gorgeous boat. Vince has the boat in absolutely show room condition for sure. We had one of the best sails this year on Sunday with a Northerly at 12-18. I took it easy with only a little bit of jib out so the kids and wife could nap on way to Bloody pt. Then we rolle dout the rest if the jib and sailed with the full 150 and no main. I had never done that before and found the boat very well balanced and was able to sail at 30* apparent and make 7-7.3 upwind. We tacked up to Annapolis then reached up the severn to the academy, reached back out, watched some j-22 racing and then had a nice run home to the south river. All in all an awesome time. It was really nice to meet everyone and thanks for putting up with my inquisitive kids. I cant wait to do it again and hope we get more Ericsons of all sizes.

Results:

1. Escape Plan - Ted Reshetiloff (Max and Anya Reshetiloff on Tactics)
2. Sequoia- Chris Miller and Crew
3. Red Rover - John Butler Fiance Diane and Crew
4. Strider - David Henry and Crew
5. Wild Blue - Vince Benn and Crew

Sorry for spacing on the rest of the names.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Photos of the 2007 CEOA rendezvous

As promised here is a link to my business site that has some shots that my wife and I took during the race and later at anchor. You are welcome to download any "full size" image from the selection. I'll have these posted for about 30 days.

The link is: http://66.59.107.17/backdoor/ceoa.html

Enjoy!