• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2007 Chesapeake Bay Ericson Rendezvous

Shadowfax

Member III
Sounds like fun. I hear they are going to dredge the Narrows this spring, so I might even be able to get there without going around Kent Island.

Emerald

Hi,

this is great to see happening. As you may recall, some of us have been working on other CEOA events. See my posting here for a refresher of recent status:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=4337

I am currently in the loop with Spinsheet to provide them with club activities for publication. Submission deadlines are usually around the 10th of the prior month. We should get this event nailed down so we can submit it for publication!

Last edited:

lbertran

Member III
Sounds Fun

We'll just be coming back to Annapolis from a two week cruise to the lower Bay. We may be able to make it.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Shaw Bay

John, We'd love to meet everyone in Shaw Bay on June 30th. I'm sure we'll be at our E32 on Back Creek that weekend. We won't be "racing" to get over there but we may have the wine and beer chilling for those who show up. :D

Keep me in the loop and let me know about when you all might show up at Shaw Bay.

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Bob, we'll take you up on that offer of a cold one!

I dunno, Mark... :unsure: . It might tarnish our reputation as snobs...
Of course!, I think adding this to the calendar for everyone is a super idea!

Chris

Emerald

Let's get the word out via Spinsheet!

OK,

We've gotten coordinated, and this event will be listed in Spinsheet. :egrin:

Ted is working on putting together a game plan for the race side, and when he has posted the details on that, I will contact Spinsheet and have it listed under club activities.

This looks like a really fun time that Ted and Chris just came up with on their own. It's great to see Ericson owners in the region collaborating events independently. I look forward to seeing what else people come up with to enjoy our fine boats together.

:cheers:

Last edited:

Galley_Slave

Member II
It's nice just being able to write about rendezvous on the Bay again. Seems like this cold weather is hanging on forever and I hate cold weather.:baby:

We'll put Shaw Bay on the calendar.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Its starting to look like quite a nice gang getting involved here! I just wish it would warm up enough for me to finish my varnish work. We launched the boat nearly 3 weeks ago and havent been out since... More to come on the race side of this event. I am pretty certain I will have a friend in a power boat to do the start and take pictures. Maybe some other Ericson classes want to get their own start? I am reasoanbly sure we can make that happen too based on interest.

Emerald

Just a reminder that the race/raftup on June 30th is quickly approaching. E-38's are the highlight and will be holding a one design race with other Ericsons welcome to challenge them. Check back here as the date approaches for more information regarding start time etc.

If you haven't picked up June's issue of SpinSheet, check out the Club Section for a note about the event.

Looking forward to seeing many Ericsons on the 30th! :egrin:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Thanks David for the Spinsheet exposure! The plan is to meet in the vacinity of Thomas Point light at noon saturday the 30th and start at 1230. We will monitor channel 65 for communications. My boat does not have the name on it but is called Escape Plan. The course for those who want to race will be from our starting line at Thomas point (Lightouse and Green Can) to the channel marker in the Miles River where you turn left to go into the Wye river. Sorry I need to look at the chart to get the numbers. I will detail it over the radio on race day. Racers will be responsible for recording their finish times. If I get to it I'll try to put together a 1-3 prize but don't count on it. Now if someone else wants to do that...Following the race we will all anchor/raft up in Shaw bay off the Wye for social activities... All Ericsons are welcome and encouraged to attend. I have a friend with an old gaffer who may join us as well. I will be on channel 65 as stated above and can also be reached at 410-919-8539. Hope to see you all soon.

Ted

david henry

Member I
38 race

Strider is still planning to join the race. Will be coming down from Rock Hall. Would it be possible to post the course on line a few days prior?
Also, for those of you who are wondering, the Kent Narrows dredging is finished and it is clear sailing all the way through. I came through yesterday on the ebb tide and found 7.5 to 10 feet all the way. See you all in Shaw Bay.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Greetings People-of-the-Bay!

Have a good time at your Rendezvous...we just had ours this past weekend, and it was a hoot!

Please take pictures...your regional page is almost complete...but I need someone over there to write up a short article on sailing in the bay, what's like dodging sandbars, etc...

:egrin:

You can see your regional page on the new site at:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/people-projects/regional_pages/rp_e-ma-00.php3

We'll be adding either a 'local happens' area off of there, or possibly a CEOA page to revive your old group!

Anyhow - have a good time - and start thinking about who among you writes the best!

//sse

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I will get the course posted prior to the event. Just need to take a look at the chart and make note of some of the marks. We are looking forward to the weekend. We will likely break off of the raft up later in the evening to spare the gang from our 4 and 2 year old early risers treatment. My son does great on the boat but the 2 year old daughter can be a little demanding:p

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
We're just the opposite- our crew (us and another couple and their dog) usually burn the midnight oil... as long as we only had a couple of Mexican Cafe Margaritas. If we had 3 you'll see tylenol on the starting line...:egrin: