• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Basic questions from new owner?

Ron G.

Would like to know how much the lead ballast weighs in a 1970 35MKII?
I would also like to know where to view pictures of a 1978 35MKII, the one with the engine in the galley, no dinette, with teak galley sole? I would also like to know what model windlass was installed in the kidney shaped hole directly behind the forestay on a 78 35MKII? More questions later. Thanks to all.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Welcome to the list, and congratulations on having such a fine boat.

The lead ballast is 5000 lbs. Other such information can be found in the 'Specs and Documents' section.

I am not sure of the answers to your other questions, the owner's manual may mention a winch, but more often that would be a later addition by a previous owner.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Seth

Sustaining Partner
The good ones

The mid engine 35-2's are the best sailing ones becuase of the engine placement. You may find some pics in the specs area, but it is hard to find this specifically as it was an option whteher to have mid or aft engine. There ARE interior layout engineering drawings somewhere, but I don't know who has these, besides BK. We used to have a big drawer full at the factory-back in the day.

Most of the time the Windlass was installed by the owner or by the selling dealer, and as such this question is hard to answer. Back then it was very rare for the factory to install a windlass.

Welcome and enjoy your great E-boat!

S

JMS

Member II
Settee Interior

The best place to find photos is www.Yachtworld.com -> just do a search.

Attachments

• 1608919_5.jpg
    1608919_5.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 1372779_8.jpg
    1372779_8.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 1372779_9.jpg
    1372779_9.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited: