• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E32-3 Dinette Table Lift Strut

newgringo

Member III
Well here is one I’m happy with. And the whole project only cost me $25. With 86 of the 109 things on my E32-3 to do list Done I am getting to many of what I call “Optional Upgrades”. The fun stuff. Now we found the Dinette table awkward to lower and raise which we do a lot when cruising. So I installed a gas lift strut inside the table post. It makes raising the table a non event - it lifts by itself! And to lower the table involves only loosening the post clamp screw and gently pushing down. The table cushion is enough weight to hold it down. Perfect. A picture of the strut is enclosed. I bought it from McMaster-Carr. It is part number 9416K401 with a rated 25 pound force which actually measured 40 pounds as received. Extended length is 33.9 inches with a 16.1 inch stroke. The plastic bulb on the end of the rod is what contacts the outer boat hull under the table post and is necessary to keep the strut centered. If anyone wants more info email me at griggs@centurytel.net.

Attachments

• TableStrut.jpg
    TableStrut.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 107