• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Leftover wood from cabin sole project

P Abele

Member II
I am finally at the point of finishing the cabin sole in my basement and have a number of relatively large scraps of 3/4" teak and holly marine ply leftover from the job. I used 2 4X8 sheets for our E33 and the scraps now add up to most of one sheet. The biggest piece is about 1/3 of a full width sheet and I have a number of other longer narrow pieces. I also have a bunch of 1X6" solid teak board which I no longer need since the trim is done as well. All of this is of course nice to have in the workshop for the odd job, but drop a line if anyone could use some of these parts and I will provide more details. Hopefully I can help someone out with a reasonable price on these materials which will help to offset the cost of this project!

BTW, I am located in Vermont.

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
I want it!

Can you post pics of the scraps? I need to do some sole work, and other teak projects.

How much are you asking?

What is the shipping weight? (I'm in So. Cal.)

P Abele

Member II
I will take a few photos and e-mail them to you. Unfortunately I would worry that trying to ship them all the way across the country would probably consume any savings I could offer as compared with other local sources. However, I would also be glad to cut pieces down to just what you need if that might help. We'll be in touch...

P Abele

Member II
I finally took some photos of both the 3/4" ply and solid teak stock this morning but couldn't attach them on this board. Email me if you want to see more photos as well as dimmensions and I can send them along directly. Thanks!

ptabes@gmail.com

Attachments

• ply1.jpg
    ply1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 151

P Abele

Member II
Hey wait - it did work!! Here are a couple more but once again let me know and I can fill you in with more details...

Attachments

• ply2.jpg
    ply2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 149

P Abele

Member II
This is the solid teak. The long board is 1" thick and the small square scrap is 1 3/8".

Attachments

• teak2.jpg
    teak2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 149

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
I might be interested in the tall center piece in the second photo of teak/holly. How wide is it?

Also, I'm interested in the long piece of solid teak. Precisely how long is it, and what are the minimum and maximum widths? Also, what is the cut? I need it to match the grain pattern in this:

Attachments

• DSCN0060.jpg
    DSCN0060.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 142