• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted; Pictures of E-25CB Trailers

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
To all- I recently purchased a trailer for my 25. I am going to have to do some slight modifactions to seat the boat properly. What I would like is some pictures of existing trailers that rest E-25CB's. The views that I prefer are empty trailer shots of the bunks/rollers from the front and back. I would also like some shots of the bow stops and mast pole rests. Im in no hurry. If there is some cool or practical thing of a ma jig that works , let me see it. Thank in advance. Rob Hessenius Rhessenius@new.rr.com

jmpirate

This is a problem that a friend and I pondered over recently, and we finally decided it was time to do something about two weeks ago. If you follow the link below, I have posted some shots of the boat on the trailer. It was surprisingly stable, and only took one try to get it right!

http://www.piratesplay.com/Ericsontrailer.aspx

jim

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Trailer

Pirate Jim- Thank you for your pictures. One thing to note for you and your E25 trailer set-up. I think that you need to have the belly of the boat sitting on the trailer or a board that spans the frame. The mounted stands are really for holding the boat up-right, not for taking on the full weight. I think that you will have some oil can issues real soon. There is too much weight hanging, not supported. Thank you for your time. Rob Hessenius

E25 Trailer

Rob,
As soon as the snow is gone to the point I can de-tarp, I will send you a mess of pictures. The tarp covers the boat and trailer. The trailer is in very poor condition and has many needs, but probably dates back to the original purchase. Should only be a few days now. Hope it will help. - Chris Glasspool

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Custom Trailer Idea

Hi Rob,
I do not know helpful this info might be, but while out at the boatyard yesterday to observe progress on our boat, I got to looking at nearby smaller boat on a trailer. It appears to me that the owner found a heavy duty trailer orignally meant for a power boat. Then he sourced about 8 short jack stands, as we call these things around here. Each stand is U-bolted down to the frame rails very securely. You can see that the pads are then screwed up or down to mate with the hull bottom. The boat in the picture is a long keel custom design, and looks like it sits about as low on the trailer as would, maybe, a smaller Ericson, like a 23 or 25 with the drop keel pivoted up.
Anyway, it looks like an example of thinking a little bit ouside the box...
:)
Photos attached, "for your consideration, from the Twilight Zone..."

Loren in PDX

Attachments

• trlr plus stand close up.jpg
    trlr plus stand close up.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 73
  • boattrlr idea port side.jpg
    boattrlr idea port side.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 75
  • stand on trlr close up.jpg
    stand on trlr close up.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 89
  • trlr stand stbrd set.jpg
    trlr stand stbrd set.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 81

Eslovett

SV Dulcinea
Here is the trailer that my E25 came on. I am not sure if this is the original trailer but it is as old as the boat. I plan on installing a support up fwd for the mast for transport and stepping.

Attachments

• DSC00122s.jpg
    DSC00122s.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 246

Steve Swann

Member III
E25 Trailers

My E25 c/b trailer has a carpeted 2X8 laid flat that runs pretty much the length of the trailer for the keel to rest on. Most of the weight of the boat sits on the keel, while the rest (I might guess 35%-40%) of the total weight is borne by the bunks. Make sure most of your boat weight rests on the trailer via the keel area or you will experience oilcanning, as Rob observed earlier.

I have the long bunk boards on the side like the ones on the trailer shown above, but I severed (cut) the aft piece of the bunkboard so that I can remove these pylon/braces (there are 3 on each side, so temporarily removing a pair doesn't affect the boat's balance for rolling up and down the ramp). I then can launch and retrieve the boat easier. I would guess that it takes a foot less water depth to launch when I remove the two aft bunk attachments; nice for shallow ramps, and they reattach in about 5 minutes for highway travel.

My wife doesn't care either way, she is the one driving the pickup; it becomes MY boat when raising and lowering the mast AND launching and retrieving! :egrin:

glenc0

cad

i'm having a trailer built for my 25 and wondering where you got the pictures of other 25's to scale the locations of the supports . thanks dan

Steve Swann

Member III
Trailer Pics

Rob,

I have a picture of the underside of my trailer posted in the Maint & Mechanical section of this site (under New E25 c/b & Rudder) if you're interested. I'll have some pictures of the trailer sans boat in early June. I am still getting bimini work finished at the moment so the boat is still on the trailer at the cover shop.

Steve