• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Frost Bite Race

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Ok, here we go! Tommorrow is our clubs Frost Bite Race. Yikes! We are supposed to get any where from 2" to as much as 10" of snow in the North Idaho Panhandle area where we sail. Looks like I will need to shovel off the boat before the race. The good news is the forecast of 15-20 mph winds gusting to 30 with a high temp of 38 F. Should be a fun time. Maybe I can put some whoopass on those other crazy sailors with a bunch of wind.

Good thing we have cabin heat and lots of Rum.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Make sure to take some photos Kim. I would love to see some sailing with snow falling considering I am not getting either out here in Maine.

escapade

Inactive Member
ditto

At our race committee meeting Thursday nite we discussed how nice it would have been to sail New Years Day on Saginaw Bay. Normally we would be looking at DN iceboats rather than 46 deg. temps and open water. Had another beer and resisted the temptation to relaunch the boats! Enjoy your race and send some pics!
Have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade":cheers:

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Our Frost bite race was a blast. The weather forcast was ugly so there were only 3 boats including ours. About 35 F and sunny. Winds were a steady 20 knots gusting to 28 and probably higher. Just me and one other crew on board so we busier then a one armed sailor with a peg leg in a squawl!!! The 37 Express put the hurt on me big time but I beat the socks off the 30 Hunter. So it was fun, cold and crazy.

I didn't get any photo's during the race as with the wind gusts and the short distances between marks, I didn't trust myself with the camera. But did get a couple of shots (not just rum) that I will attempt to get to this site.

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Frost bite race photo's

Ok, here is my first attempt to attach photo's. Sorry no shots during the race, things were a bit busy with lot's of wind.

Last edited: