• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Advice on purchase of E39B (Dupe - See Other Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul@abracad.co

I'm thinking of buying an E39B. It's the only Ericson for sale in New Zealand. I'll try an attach the advert'.
Looks like the hard doggers are an afterthought, and home-made looking. I guess that doesn't matter too much so long as they work well. Do you think hard doggers necessary?
I haven'y viewed this old girl yet but will be doing so soon. If I fall in love with her she wil get plenty of TLC. What should I check for?
Cheers & thanks!

Attachments

• Ericson 39B.doc
    74 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I would move this post to the Design and Function forum where more owners would see it, but do not have that "power" over this forum.
I looked at the broker site, and the boat looks and sounds good.
There are some active E-39 and E-39B owners that check in here. Perhaps they can tell you what to look for. If you do a search on this site for "ericson 39b" (or ericson 39, since the hull and rig are the same) information you should come up some interesting threads.
http://www.beaconboatbrokers.co.nz/Boat Pages/1490.html
This is the URL I used, after some futzing around with the original link.
At $72040.US, the price seems OK, I wonder how many hours are on the engine/trans?

Strictly my opinion, but I would choose a hard dodger for offshore work over a soft one. I have been on shorter coastal deliveries with both, and the hard top IS better. :) I have a couple of coastal two-day trips on boats of this size without dodgers -- never again!

Cheers,
Loren

Last edited:

paul@abracad.co

Advice on purchase of E39B

Many thanks for the response Larene (so that's how you spell dodger).
I'll try to swap my ad' over over to Design and Function.
Thanks again.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I would move this post to the Design and Function forum where more owners would see it, but do not have that "power" over this forum...

I moved this thread for you, and shall look into the permissions for that, 'Larene'... ;)

Paul - looking for stuff on used (or 'experienced' as the brokers here say) sailboats is all pretty common. If this is your first boat, I suggest purchasing a general guide as an overview (something along the lines of Casey's 'Inspecting the Aging Sailboat') before you get into model-specific issues.

The E39 owners will chime in here, hopefully and give you some specifics...

//sse

Lew Decker

Member III
:egrin: :egrin: :egrin: Sean, this is a little confusing. I posted a response and included a pic of my E39B, but when you moved the thread, you left my post behind:) . It's on the other thread that can be found below this one - same title. Now, we can all be confused together:confused: :confused: ...

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Duplicate Thread Mix-Up

Ok - I see what's happening now... There were duplicate threads issued at the very beginning - so when I moved this thread it put it in the same forum as the other, etc... I should have known this would happen...it's finals week and I've been short on sleep... :0305_coff

Sorry about all this - I'll close off this thread now, and leave this advice to any later readers:

See this thread:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=4194

Thanks - sorry for the confusion...

//sse

Status
Not open for further replies.