• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Enkes winches

Kim Schoedel

Member III
I am trying to find a dealer or supplier for Enkes winches for a friend of mine. He wants to convert his primarys to self tailing. The Enkes web site shows a conversion kit however I have inquired (Spain & the Netherlands) and the only reply was "We makem offer next week". Well, next week has come and gone two weeks ago.

I am hoping that there may a chandler on the East Coast that may be able to send me in the right direction. Any idea's?

Thanks,

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
A few years ago, Holland Marine in Toronto, Ontario, Canada carried them, as far as I recall. They are still in business, and have a website.
Good luckk!
Frank.

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Found them

Frank, I found the Holland Marine Web site and yep, they still appear to be Enkes dealers and I have passed this info on to my friends. Thanks a lot, I sure appreciate your help.

My friends are getting a bit older and have just moved up from a Catalina 25 to a Kettenburg/Columbia 32 and guess what, self tailers would really help them out. I just serviced their winches for them and that will help a lot as it had been a long, long time since they were last serviced. The pawls were so mucked up with old grease that you could barely turn the drums by hand. Now they are nice and easy. With self T's they would have it "made in the shade".

Thanks again!