• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

e-38 150 Genny Pics

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Finally took a few shots of the new 150 from Quantum. Love this sail. Sorry the shots are crummy from my phone. Have 1 more week before the boat hauls for the winter so I will try and get some with the good camera.

Attachments

• ATT733975.jpg
    ATT733975.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 99
  • ATT734164.jpg
    ATT734164.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 77
  • ATT734499.jpg
    ATT734499.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 100

Roger Ware

Member III
150 genoa

Hi Ted - nice looking sail - how common is it to have a tell tale window like yours - I have not seen one recently? Also, apologies if you already explained this somewhere, but 150 sounds kind of big for a sail you might race with. I have a 135 cruising genoa and I go to reefed main in about 16-18 knots then start reefing the genoa in say, 20+ knots. Or is this strictly a light air sail?

Cheers, Roger

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I can't comment on how common the tell tale window is. I asked for one as i like to be able to see both tales easily and sometimes when the sun is low it can be hard to see one side. 150 is maybe a little big but I sail on the Chesapeake and with the exception of spring and fall we have generally light air (5-10kts). I have a hydraulic backstay and can really flatten this genoa out in breeze. I also move the car back to twist off the top. I reef the main pretty early when we do get breeze but have not yet had the opportunity to reef this genoa having only flown it a handfull of times. The cloth is fairly robust so it is not a strickly light air sail. It is made fro Dimension Polyant's CXT laminate and is I believe a combination of 5 and 6 oz. cloth.

Peregrine

Member II
e-38 150 Genny

Nice looking sail, Ted. In the pics it looks like you have the sheets leading Through the inboard tracks. I have a 155 and have started leading sheets through the outboard tracks on anything but a beat. It seems to open the slot more for reaching. Any thoughts?

Tony
Peregrine Spirit
E-380 PSC Hull #16
San Diego