• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E25 Portlights

Joe

Member II
The rubber gasket material on the portlights have shrunk/contracted as shown. Is this just a matter of age (they still feel resilient to the touch)?

Although they aren't obviously leaking, I may as well replace the gaskets while I'm fixing the other things, if someone can point me to a supplier.

Thanks!

Attachments

• portlight1.jpg
    portlight1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 58
  • portlight2.jpg
    portlight2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 58

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Joe,

I believe those rubber pieces are just trim pieces. They cover the channels in the aluminum extrusion. I removed mine and yanked on them to stretch them. I'm sure they will shrink again but they haven't in 2 years.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
port light frames

I believe most port light leaks are water entering at the handrails on the carriage top. The water runs down onto the liner and finds a way out at the port light cutout.
After I took the hand rails off for refinishing and covered the holes with the adhesive backed aluminum tape the leaks stopped.

Joe

Member II
Just trim

You're right: they're just trim and not seals or gaskets. They also pull out quite easily, but mine won't stretch much -- so I'm still on the lookout for a replacement source. Thanks!