• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-27 traveler

BrianP

Member II
I am going to be redoing my mainsheet traveler this winter and am looking for some insight. It is a cabin top mount but the alloy chanel has lost all its covering I was thinking of using oak or mohog to replace it and make the travel go 3 to 4 inches further to be able to cheat the main over just a little more any thoughs?

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Traveller

Brian- When I replaced my traveller last year. The channel that the track was attached to was covered by a white vinyl coating, that was separating and peeling. I just stripped it all off and buffed it out on a grinding wheel with a wire whoo-be-doo wheel. Then I took and used Flitz and buffed with the soft pad wheel on the other side of my grinding wheel. It was nice and presentable. After a year it still looks good. I don't know about adding width to the traveller and what advantages it will provide, but it will also be a couple of wings to catch lines, feet and what ever else that WILL get sucked in by that black hole. Rob Hessenius

Last edited: