• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ideal Wind Speed & When to Reef

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Gee thanks

Thank you Frank.

Some of this comes from the perception (based on some of the replies) that I may have struck a sensitive nerve with one or 2 owners here, and this is something I really want to avoid. My purpose here is to share some experience, and to help when I think I have something to add. I have had a couple of great careers in the "biz' and this is one way I can give something back.

Of course, being passionate about sailing, and a racer on top of that, I can (like some of you!) get carried away sometimes-without intending to.:nerd:

If that happens and the message gets obscured, my desire is to recitfy any misunderstanding so my contributions (such as they are) can have as much value as possible.

I know some of you will give me some %@*$ :boohoo: for this sick display of humility-and well deserved-but I am very grateful to have the chance to help support this site-so there you have it.:cool:

Your humble servant, ;)

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Seth...

Thanks for your clarification, and with that, I hope everyone cuts you lots of slack, to ensure you and others can continue to provide the helpful comments that make this site so valuable! :egrin:

Especially as our boats get older, and parts perhaps less available (given the other post about Pacific Seacraft giving up on Ericsons :boohoo: :mad: ), many of us will need all the help we can get to continue maintaining our boats well, and refining our sailing skills.

I have not encountered as many people willing to be helpfpul and share their expertise and experiences, as I have in the sailing community--it's great, so let's all keep it that way!

Frank.