Ideal Wind Speed & When to Reef

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Gee thanks

Thank you Frank.

Some of this comes from the perception (based on some of the replies) that I may have struck a sensitive nerve with one or 2 owners here, and this is something I really want to avoid. My purpose here is to share some experience, and to help when I think I have something to add. I have had a couple of great careers in the "biz' and this is one way I can give something back.

Of course, being passionate about sailing, and a racer on top of that, I can (like some of you!) get carried away sometimes-without intending to.:nerd:

If that happens and the message gets obscured, my desire is to recitfy any misunderstanding so my contributions (such as they are) can have as much value as possible.

I know some of you will give me some %@*$ :boohoo: for this sick display of humility-and well deserved-but I am very grateful to have the chance to help support this site-so there you have it.:cool:

Your humble servant, ;)

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Seth...

Thanks for your clarification, and with that, I hope everyone cuts you lots of slack, to ensure you and others can continue to provide the helpful comments that make this site so valuable! :egrin:

Especially as our boats get older, and parts perhaps less available (given the other post about Pacific Seacraft giving up on Ericsons :boohoo: :mad: ), many of us will need all the help we can get to continue maintaining our boats well, and refining our sailing skills.

I have not encountered as many people willing to be helpfpul and share their expertise and experiences, as I have in the sailing community--it's great, so let's all keep it that way!

Frank.