• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E34 Ericson or PSC 34?

Annapolis E-27

Member III
I am curious about when PSC picked up the Ericson line and began to produce their version of the E34. The description of a 1989 E34 here on the east coast does not look anything like the 1988(?) E34 Ericson Owners Manual in the Specs & Docs section.

Here is the description, "Great layout below decks with forward and aft staterooms each with hanging locker and vanity. Main salon is amidships with straight settees on port and starboard. Mounted on the centerline is a varnished drop-leaf table serving both settees To port is a forward facing nav. station with lift top chart table and designated seat. To starboard is the L shaped galley. Enclosed head with shower and vanity is aft (to port) for better weight distribution."

Can anyone tell me what I may be actually looking at?

CaptnNero

Accelerant
I am curious about when PSC picked up the Ericson line and began to produce their version of the E34. The description of a 1989 E34 here on the east coast does not look anything like the 1988(?) E34 Ericson Owners Manual in the Specs & Docs section.

Here is the description, "Great layout below decks with forward and aft staterooms each with hanging locker and vanity. Main salon is amidships with straight settees on port and starboard. Mounted on the centerline is a varnished drop-leaf table serving both settees To port is a forward facing nav. station with lift top chart table and designated seat. To starboard is the L shaped galley. Enclosed head with shower and vanity is aft (to port) for better weight distribution."

Can anyone tell me what I may be actually looking at?

The PSC version of the 34 was called the 350. There weren't actually layout changes other than making the port settee into a double berth. I think this is a case where the listing is in error. It is interesting that the listing does not include photos.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Some brokers are really bad at getting these descriptions correct. Don't rely on them. If the boat is close, go see for yourself. Also be careful of a boat described as "pristine". This word means "fixer upper":rolleyes:

I happened to find one of the good ones when we bought our 35. He was very accurate in his description.

clayton

Member III
E34

Sounds like the layout for the Olson 34. There was one listed in the Annapolis area, maybe a new broker has it listed without photos.
Clayton

CaptnNero

Accelerant
Sounds like the layout for the Olson 34. There was one listed in the Annapolis area, maybe a new broker has it listed without photos.
Clayton

Bingo ! Clayton, you win the prize. I just talked with the broker and it is an Ericson/Olson. They just listed it and haven't had time for pics yet. I haven't been on the Olson 34 yet so the layout didn't sound familiar.

-- neal

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Olson 34... redux...

I just sent a polite email to the broker asking them to make the listing more accurate and descriptive. Time will tell if they are just another "listing broker" or are really a "Selling" and marketing broker...
(pardon my attitude).

Isn't this the O-34 that Tim R reported on last year?

I might even know of a potential buyer, if -- (drum roll) -- the price is right.
Olson 34's are rare on the market, after all.

Cheers,
Loren

Last edited:

CaptnNero

Accelerant
Isn't this the O-34 that Tim R reported on last year?

I might even know of a potential buyer, if -- (drum roll) -- the price is right.
Olson 34's are rare on the market, after all.

Cheers,
Loren

Ok Loren, you get a prize too! From what I heard I believe that it is the same vessel. I'm going to take a look at it next week since it's now in Annapolis. The price is under $40K now.

Annapolis E-27

Member III
I believe this is the same boat, "American Flyer". Here is the brochure from when she was listed for $57, 500 and then marked down. Now she is below $40K. Maybe time to take a look. Tim R's report from last year is still a real concern though.

Attachments

• Olson 34 brochure.pdf
    235.5 KB · Views: 204

escapade

Inactive Member
I believe that boats been for sale since 2002 as I recall looking at an Olson 34 there previous to us buying our E34. If it's still for sale I would look at it VERY carefully. Could be some major problems.
Good luck, have fun & sail fast
Bud "Escapade" E34 #265

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yup, it's an Olson 34

We just got in from a weekend on our boat. We even used the spinnaker for a leisurly run up the river yesterday. Spent a nice night at a public park dock at a nearby island and had quite a nice happy hour with friends from other sail boats - some we knew already and some we've just met.

The answering machine is blinking when we get home: it's a nice voice message from the broker listing the Olson 34. Tim Wilbright (sp?) at Annapolis Yacht Sales sez they have just listed it and are open for offers. They hope to update the listing information soon. He mentions that this is indeed the one that was on the market previously for a while...
He sounds interested, earnest, and eager to generate leads (even from 'net emailers in Portland, OR) :rolleyes:

If nothing else, I have to say that he might be among that subset of brokers that really work at their profession.
Perhaps, like one the regulars on this very site! :)

I hope that the boat (finally) finds a new home.

We sure enjoyed our weekend on the water-- but as the days shorten and get colder we are thinking more -- and more -- about a furnace. ;)

Cheers,
Loren in PDX
Olson 34 #8

CaptnNero

Accelerant
...He sounds interested, earnest, and eager to generate leads (even from 'net emailers in Portland, OR) :rolleyes:

If nothing else, I have to say that he might be among that subset of brokers that really work at their profession.
Perhaps, like one the regulars on this very site! :)

Loren, does it count if it doesn't seem like work ? ;)
Anyway, I've got to get back to work...

CaptnNero

Accelerant
I saw it

Yesterday I looked at this vessel and it definitely is the Olson 34 "American Flyer". Since I was there as a yacht broker it is too complicated for me to post the results although I must say I had some interesting findings.