• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Chicago area sail loft

Gary G

Member II
Can anyone recommend a good sailmaker in the Chicago area? I have an E28+ and I'd like to have someone who knows what they're looking at take a look at the main over the winter to make sure it's ok. (It needs new tell tales and slugs for sure.) The boat will be stored up in Waukegan at Larsen's. Thanks.

Royal Wave

Gary

I use UK-Halsey in Chicago. My contact there is Tod Patton, 312-326-1053.
I bought my main and jib from them and they check my sails out during the winter. Easy people to deal with. Tod is usually up at Waukegan harbor every Wednesday night during WYC racing season.

Jeff Sedlack
"Royal Wave"
1986 E-38-200

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Both good choices

Todd and Tom are good guys-as are the guys I used to work with at the Chicago Doyle loft-see John or Josh there.

In Chicago, each of these 3 lofts have very unique personalities working in them-and this seems to fit well with the local sailing crowd-each has a very loyal following, and each has clients who do not like them-but, they are all honest and reputable.

I would call them all, talk with the folks, and go with the person you feel best talking to.

Good luck!

S