• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cruise N carry Outboard parts - Where?

newgringo

Member III
I have been diligently trying to find a source of parts for my old Model 6600 1 1/2 HP Cruise N Carry outboard motor. I need a new plastic motor housing. Anyone know where I might find one? I have found 2 references on the www but neither panned out. These little 12 pould motors are a bit noisy but do push my 8 foot inflateable pretty good. Maybe I should bight the bullet and upgrade, but not quite yet.

Glyn Judson

Cruise & Carry.

Jerry, I remember those motors being popular back in the early '80's at Catalina Island. Gawd they were LOUD!! Try fitting a new Honda 2hp motor cover on yours. If it doesnt 'snap right in place, buy the rest of the Honda and snap that onto the cover. Your problem will be solved permanently. Glyn Judson, Marina del Rey CA E31 hull #55

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Your best bet is Ebay. Those outboards turn up often and maybe buying a complete runner or non-runner would be the best bet. A "parts" unit would likely be very useful. RT