• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for Offshore Passage Experience?

Dan Hayes

Member III
A friend of mine is looking for crew to help deliver his new (to him) boat from Oakland, CA to San Pedro, CA. The boat is a Cavalier 39, launched in 1989, a well built boat from New Zealand, that just passed survey and has all new electronics, including radar and chartplotter.

The trip is scheduled from September 4th - 8th (Monday thru Friday) and should be a blast. The skipper has a great sailing resume, the food should be good, and the weather is probably the best it's ever going to be for this journey. They have 3 crew lined up already, and are looking for a total of six experienced persons so that watches are easily handled. I would love to go, but have work committments.

If you are interested and want to learn more, call Andy McVay at (323) 243 4729.

-Dan Hayes

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sounds like fun. I wish I lived in your area. I really enjoyed the delivery from SD to SF last year! Going *with* the prevailing winds would be even better.
:)
Loren in PDX

Dan Hayes

Member III
Yeah, I would love to go, too - but can't get off work to do it. The boat is well-built, fast and has a great "sea-kindly" motion under sail, so it should be a great trip at this time of year. There will be at least one over night passage; they will hide out in Morro Bay to time the rounding of Point Conception, and then motor through it to beat any weather that may come up.

The owner was going to buy an E38, and then this boat came up, which was an unusual opportunity that doesn't come around very often. As he's been out on my E28+ fairly often, I didn't think anyone would mind me posting this for him - especially as many of us are looking for offshore passage experience.

He still has two slots available - if anyone wants to go, give Andy a call right away.