• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Two Harbors was Great!!

jkm

Member III
Left on Wednesday morning, hit 20 knots winds (maybe) got the old bird up to 8.4 knots. We just flew over there. Got soaked, the swells were something to behold. Should have reefed the main, but a sail like that is what it's all about.

Water was incredibly warm for diving.

Cleaned my hull and had an all around ball.

Though it was crowded and understaffed the food was great at the restaurant.

They've installed free WiFi at the outside watering hole.

Ran into Venteux with her new owner Lou. Venteux used to be berthed about thirty feet from Penquin at the CYC. Saw a 38 out of Ventura but no one was home when I hailed from the dingy.

I must say I hate Avalon and the noise-Two Harbors continues to be my preferred destination.

Lets plan a weekend???????????

John

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey John,

Glad to hear about your successful trip. Great winds lately!

I think I saw a boat named Venteux at Avalon when I was there early last week. It was a E-35 I think with a white hull with blue stripes. Could it be the same boat? Gathering at the Isthmus? That always sounds good to me. I have tried to organize one on this site a couple times and it's very hard to get a lot of interest. I have said in the past, it would be best to try it off season, like early spring or late October when mooring are more plentiful. I am running out of days off now but I do plan on squeaking in a couple of more trips in this season. Let me know when your going back to the Isthmus, I just may be able to meet you.:egrin:

jkm

Member III
Jeff

It was Lou in his new Venteux. He spent a few days in Avalon--then he moved on Two Harbors.

After this weekend it will slow down and become tolerable again.

We should try to line something up in October or end of September

John

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yeah, I thought I was pretty sure about that name. Big bold letters on the transom.

He was in the row in front of me. Got to look at that beautiful boat for three days. Every time I thought about rowing over and introducing myself I saw no one on board and the hatch boards up. It was a busy trip with the concert and all.

Yes John, let me know in advance as to when you think you will be going back to Two Harbors. End of Sept. sounds good.

Meanolddad

Member III
Hey Jeff and John
If you guys can get together on a date I will try to get the days off to make it over. I just got back from a whirlwind tour of the Pacific Northwest. I have to admit to being quite envious of all the sailors in that area. So many places to anchor and see.:esad: I will need a bit of warning since we are short handed at work so they will need to pay OT to cover my shift. Someone will always step up for the extra money.:clap:
Let me know
Greg