• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

odd sized cowl vent

spencer

Member II
I recently accidently kicked the port side cowl vent and it went straight overboard. Seems this is some strange size that I can't locate anywhere. Does anybody know where I can get a cowl vent which will fit over the deck fitting 3-1/4 " OD? My boat is a 1985 - 38. The vent i'm referring to is over the quarter birth area near the nav. station.

Steve

Member III
Same size as the dorade vents

Isn't this vent the same set up and size thread as the forward dorades? If so, you may have to settle for nice SS or bronze, not sure if the soft rubber white type are still available?

Steve

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I am not at the boat now but seem to recall that my '88 boat has Nicro Fico vents. Be sure to check on Martec as well, they being another California company that might have put their stuff on Ericsons.
Loren

spencer

Member II
odd size cowl vent

Part of the problem with the port cowl vent is that it is not the same as the other vents. The four other vents are male threaded vents threaded into a female deck fitting. The port side vent is a female non-threaded, friction fit, over a male deck fitting. Thanks for the info about possible manufacturers of vents which may have been used on Ericsons in the past, I'll give them a look.

hodo

Member III
Hello Spencer, My 85 e38 has a female deck fitting just like the dorades on the cabin top. there is also a metal plug that screws in to seal it off in heavy weather. Maybe yours has been replaced? My hull number is 125 what is yours? Good luck, Harold, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

spencer

Member II
hodo my E-381 has a hull number of 537. Best I can tell she was made in may of 85. I guess that makes her the 37th 38 made up til then . thanks Spencer