• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need assistance on fresh water system(s)

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Shadowfax said:
Frank, I am some what manic when it comes to cycling water pumps that cycle every 10 to 20 minutes through the night. I believe that if you have ANY cycling it has to be eliminated, and have found that going over EVERY fitting in the system finds a surprising number of fittings that can be tightened. The leak can be virtually invisible that cycles the pump and as it drains into the bilge you probably will never notice it, as it is so small an amount of water. If after all the fittings have been addressed and you find the system still cycles, then I'd replace the pump, I value my sleep that much, but I’ve never seen the pump to be the problem and if it is it needs to be replaced because it is dying, then replace it

It took me eight years of trying (not very hard) to finally get rid of the last of my leaks. I can now leave the pressure water on at night without getting woken up on a regular basis. It's a good thing, but I lived so long without pressure water that I can live very nicely with the foot pump.

Sometimes the fittings are not loose; they are too tight and leak because of deformation.

Emerald

I've also had my pump cycle when I still had some air to bleed out of the hot water tank - just something else you can check if you get bored after going through all the hose clamps in the system :devil:

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

CaptnNero

Accelerant
pressure relief

Emerald said:
I've also had my pump cycle when I still had some air to bleed out of the hot water tank - just something else you can check if you get bored after going through all the hose clamps in the system :devil:

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

I help the initial hot water tank filling by flipping the pressure relief valve open at the top of the tank until water starts coming out. When it's time to drain it I also open the relief valve except with the drain cock open too.