• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

What is this in the photo?

wurzner

Member III
Yes, I know about the beer bottle. Maybe if it and a few others weren't there, I'd be able to figure it out on my own. I put it in as a reference point for size since I know the majority of you are quite familiar with the dimensions!

If you know what this is used for, please let me know.

thanks
shaun

Attachments

• ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 346

Emerald

what's the deal with the thin rod at the top part of this thing? Looks like you have it on its side, and it should stand up on that rollled U as the base, with the rod being held parrallel to the ground then, which then makes me want to hang something off it....

I think you should send some of those bottles my way (full), and perhaps I'll have greater insight.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

wurzner

Member III
The thin rod is actually a long stainless screw with a nyloc nut on the end. If I'm not mistaken, it was in a box that contained a spinnaker that I purchased?

shaun

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Could it be somekind of a guide/start ring for a spinnaker sock or something?

//sse

Guy Stevens

This could be an early sock design

They use them still on smaller boats.

Check to see if the spinnaker that it was packaged with had a navel.. Yeah a belly button. The idea is that there are a couple of pieces of webbing sewn to the middle of the sail, and that the spinnaker is pulled down through the device that you have the beer bottle in, which is attached to the bow pulpit at the time of the pulling....... Generally there is some kind of bag that is involved right below the ring.

Guy
:)

wurzner

Member III
Guy to the rescue! Thanks, that makes sense. I'll check my chicken chute to see if it has what you are talking about. By the way, I'm going to start a new thread regarding what size navtec unit I need for my 38. Is a 10 large enough or do I need a 12?

thanks
shaun

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Uh huh... So I was right, eh?? :rolleyes:

What did I win?? 1/2 a bottle of beer?? :D

//sse