• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rig Tune

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
JGarmin,
Read you 5 X 5.

Take two asprin.. count to ten... breath deeply...
FWIW --- Boats, houses, cars, whatever... we'all had these moments with 'em. (Moments, heck, Months!!)

Too bad you guys are so far away over on the right coast... if you were nearer to us we would take the two of you out on our boat for a sail.
:)

Loren
Portland, OR
Olson 34 Fresh Air

jgarmin098

Member II
I have a photo of the main from this past weekend. File size is over 1MG. Anybody know how to shrink that down so the site will allow upload? Apparently the max size is around 240KB.

jgarmin098

Member II
Here is the picture.

It was taken last weekend in 10 knots of true. The halyard, outhaul and vang are tight as I could possibly get them. We heard a few strange sounds coming from the sail. Kinda like stitching popping ...Ping!

Ain't those wrinkles purdy?

Attachments

• Main low res.jpg
    Main low res.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 103

jgarmin098

Member II
The sail was replaced last week and I am now completely satisfied. I can shape the sail the way I want to, fat in the light stuff, flat in the heavy stuff. Doyle came through. Granted, I did have to keep after them but they did come through.

Anyone who wants a recut almost brand new E32-3 cruising lam main should call the East Greenwich, Doyle loft this winter...