• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Lake Michigan Rendevous 2006?

BrianSokol

I've yet to launch (rebuilding the rudder at the moment), but I'm wondering if anyone is up for a trip this year, perhaps August or September?

Jason

Fellow Ericson Owner
Brian,

I'd be up for a little trip later this year - September sounds good.

Did you have any thoughts on what we would do?

Later!

Mindscape

Member III
I'm in

Late August or early Sept would work for me.

Just to get the ball rolling on where here are a couple of ideas, could be too far north for some:
Suagatuck (sp?)
Port Washington

richmcn

Member I
depends on the weekend

Hello Brian!

Have spinnaker, will travel, it is a possibility but I have some prior committments to some out of towners coming in to visit.

So, definitely maybe!

Good luck on the water!

Rich
Neegee
E23
Monroe

Jason

Fellow Ericson Owner
Nothing ever happened with this trip - I did end up taking the family up to Port Washington over Chris Columbus Day Weekend - had a great sail. Maybe next year?

BrianSokol

We're definitely up for something this next year.

We never did get the rudder repaired in time due to other circumstances, which unfortunately meant we never got on the water at all.

On the up side, all maintenance should be already done for this next year!

Mindscape

Member III
We're up for it

We'd be up for something next year as well.

Jason we made a number of trips up to Racine and stayed overnite at Reefpoint. Works out good for us as my wife's sister lives up there. What dock/slip are you at? When we are up next year I'll stop by and look you up. If you're in Kenosha stop by A dock (southern most dock) slip A79 look me up.

Jason

Fellow Ericson Owner
Frank,

We are on dock E10 slip 37. Definitely look us up next season - there's always cold beer/wine or rum on board :)

Jason

Lan

Hi Brian &Frank,
My wife Julie and I used to slip in Racine at Gas Light Pointe (4 years) and most recently in Winthrop Harbor (3 years). Last year we were boatless. Last month we bought an Ericson 28 in Florida that has been in storage for 10 years, before that it was in N. Carolna on an inland lake. Now it is in a storage shed in South Haven , Michigan. Have not decided where we will slip this summer.

Where ever we end up we would be interested in meeting up with you. We are excited about owning an Ericson. The folks on this site seem like an interesting group and we are looking forward to many years on our Ericson on Lake Michigan.

Lan
Ericson 28 AQUAVIT --the "water of life"

bnye

Count us in

All

We also just purchased an E28 and will be keeping it in Southpoint - Kenosha, WI. We'd love to meet some of the Ericson owners on Lake Michigan.

Jason - You are a close neighbor - Hope to see you this spring sometime.

LAN - Is yours the 28 that was on yachtworld. Pictures showed it parked under a shed in FL? I was 2 weeks late making up my mind on that one. Pretty boat.

Bill

Mindscape

Member III
Contact

When ever you want to get a hold of me you can get a response from me here in a day or two max. Or send an email off of here, I check that everyday. Or better yet, if you're at Southport just stop buy!

Lan

Hi Bill,
Yes, that is the same boat. Everything has been taken off the boat - it will be fun trying to put it all together again, I hope !

I may need lots of advice come spring. I hope Seth is listening.

Lan

Gary G

Member II
There's a group of us (4) Ericson owners sailing out of Waukegan, and generally some of us make it up to Racine once or twice a season - 2 E35s, 1 E32, and 1 E28+. There are several other Ericsons based in Waukegan as well so I'm sure we'll see each other eventually.

Gary

s/v Imi Loa
1983 E28+

Buford

Just want to let everyone know my 68 Ericson 30 is for sale. I know some of you saw it at the 1st, (and it looks like only so far), Rendezvous in St. Joe. It's looking better now than it did then. We have it stored in St. Joe at Harbor Isle. You can see her on Boats.com too. I'm going to miss her but we bought a newer, bigger boat in the form of a 2001 380 Catalina. I know it's not an Ericson, but we think it will get us down to the Caribbean in a year or so. If you know of anyone who loves a classic, we're asking $16,000. Sure would like to see someone who loves Ericsons get her. We are in Michigan City now but would still like to party with you guys if you get the rendezvous together.