• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Johnson Outboard

Shadowfax

Member III
This is a little off topis, but I have a mid 90's 6 hp Johnson outboard that moves my dink. This past weekend I discovered a water leak that requires a new part. Took the motor to the local Johnson guy and he seems too busy to look up the part, let alone order it. I've gone online looking for an exploded view, so I can order the part myself, but can't seem to find a site. Anyone know where I might dig up an exploded view?

Thanks

Last edited:

Emerald

Hi Paul,

Your motor doesn't really qualify as "vintage", but that said, give the fellow at Vintage Outboards a call. I've had great help from him working on '60s vintage Johnsons, and he's pointed me towards some other folks, one of whom I think was named Seaway, but I can't find their number right now. His website is here:

http://www.vintageoutboard.com/

If he doesn't have what you need specifically, tell him a customer of his way back had been directed to another supplier and you think the name is Seaway they are located someplace like Washington State, and see if he doesn't go "oh yeah" and give you a number.

Hopefully this will get you going - he helped me get a couple nice old motors running well again.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

OK, just did a little digging and may have found the right Seaway, try calling these folks if the above doesn't help:
SEAWAY MARINE, SEATTLE, WA, TF (800) 332-0803

-David

Last edited:

Shadowfax

Member III
Actually I persisted with the web site and after an hour of hacking around found an exploded view of my engine that the local Johnson dealer didn't even have!! Armed with a valid part # I began my search and found the part "slightly" used and will have it by Friday.

If anyone is interested in the site for Johnson or Evinrure parts, whish is now owned by a company called BRP !? it is http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/Accessories/Category.htm?category=ServiceParts

Thanks all