• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Is there a 36C in Toronto Ontario?

The Newmans

Member I
I am interested in the 36C and wonder if there are any boats situated in the Toronto Ontario region so that I could visit one?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hunting for the 36C...

In the Blue Bar at the top of this page is a clickable link called Owners&Projects. Click on that and then the Owners/Yacht Registry, and then click on By Model and drag down to Ericson 36C. There appear to be some boats in and near your area, unless they have sold or changed their email addy and not updated this list...
I only know of one of these classy Ericsons in my fair city.

Loren in Portland

Last edited:

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
wow...i googles a e36c to try and catch a image and only one pic was avail...what is the 36c like? is it the ericson w/the nice "old style" design and woodwork? did it come w/the "old world" steering wheel" that was teak and holly inset? like, 5 spokes, etc.......thanx....good luck w/the search...:cool:

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Yep

The 36C has all of those features, coupled with a modern underbody (fin keel, modern rudder). It is a very unique and cool boat.
S

The Newmans

Member I
Loren Beach said:
In the Blue Bar at the top of this page is a clickable link called Owners&Projects. Click on that and then the Owners/Yacht Registry, and then click on By Model and drag down to Ericson 36C. There appear to be some boats in and near your area, unless they have sold or changed their email addy and not updated this list...
I only know of one of these classy Ericsons in my fair city.

Loren in Portland

I hadn't noticed that before. Many thanks. there is one in Toronto ownd by a Mr Kelly so I emailed him and it bounced back. If anyone on the site knows him, do ask him to contact me please.

The Newmans

Member I
I see there is one in Kingston Ontario so I have emailed the broker to view. It is still up on the hard and a little windblown over the winter. Hope it's cleaned up for viewing! Anyone know anything about this particular boat?
http://www.k-m-b.com/kmb_home.html

It appears to have have black dividers and I can't imagine what purpose they serve? Any one know?

as well it appears to be very blond wood, not the mahoghany or teak. could this just be an overexposed photo..sure hope so. I love the darker wood.
MY ideal Ericson 36C is a newer model and darker wood. I absolutely love the one called Equis from Chicago, and hope to find one in that condition. Anyone out there with one for sale, please contact me.

Last edited:

The Newmans

Member I
Thank goodness I found another Ericson 36C in Boston, new listing yesterday so I will be flying down to view. The one in Toronto doesn't have teak cockpit which we love and the one is Boston does. Also the Toronto one has a 20 HP motor and the Boston one has 37 HP. Hopefully my search has ended with the Boston one.Will keep you all posted and then I will officially be a true "Ericson owner" member.. cheers

The Newmans

Member I
the 36C in Toronto is beautiful!

Wow, I just received about 20 or more photos of this beautiful boat in Trenton Ontario..halfway between Kingston and Toronto. It is gorgeous. It doesn't have teak foredeck or cockpit or cabin sole so we won't proceed with it...we are coming from the Taiwanese teak boats so can't bear to give that up,but for someone who wants less upkeep and doesn't want to refinish teak this Toronto one would be perfect.

In fact, our offer on the Boston one called Tatoosh2 has been accepted so we are very excited it too is also equally beautiful and of course has the teak we want. However if anyone out there wants this Toronto beauty, do contact the broker because he now has this great set of photos to send you.

The Newmans

Member I
OUr deal on the Boston 36C fell through so it is on the market again if anyone wants to contact Ron Houseman at ron@rhcustomdesign.com

Turns out is is very custom and has the most incredible wood; however it also has a traditional style triangle shaped v berth not the 2 single beds style which requires the insert to make it into a triangle and I have a back injury and can't lift my left leg to get into that style. Secondly, my husband needs the rear cabin as his office so we can't use it for our berth. So we are out of luck. Very disappointed because this particular Ericson is a one of a kind.
check out the owners website at http://www.tatooshsailor.com/ for details. The owner is moving to larger liveaboard and is very helpful and has additional photos to send. His email link is on his website.
good luck everyone who is interested...

The Newmans

Member I
I have found the 36C in toronto....

The Newmans said:
I hadn't noticed that before. Many thanks. there is one in Toronto ownd by a Mr Kelly so I emailed him and it bounced back. If anyone on the site knows him, do ask him to contact me please.

I was able to find Mr Kelly in Toronto and he has only good things to say about the 36C. It is kept right here on the lake within a mile or so of me, so I will visit him and tour his boat next week just so that I can get a good feel for the size, scale, workability for us.

The other 36 C in the area is in Trenton, about half way between Toronton and Kingston..maybe a 2 hour drive so this local boat is very handy. Cheers to al you Ericson lovers......