• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Catalina This weekend

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I will be there next Wednesday to Sunday after the crowds have gone. I have been there the last three years for Memorial Day. Doable ,but crowded. Leave early Friday to guarantee yourself a can. Howlings, Cat Harbor as well next week.:egrin: :cheers: :clap: :jollyroge

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Never on a holiday weekend!

We'll be at Cherry Thursday through Monday next week- after
the crowds are gone.

Martin

jkm

Member III
Well, I started a project of cleaning the boat-so maybe middle of tyhe week is best. Filled up my tank with gas, 12 gallons for $50.00 bucks-glad as hell I sail.

The dock in the Marina says that since new owners took over they can't figure out where to get CNG tanks filled. Any ideas?????

bigtyme805

Member III
I know some of you went to Catalina this past weekend, did you experience big seas and high winds? In Channel Islands/Santa Barbara it was blowing like crazy. The white caps were all over the Santa Barbara channel. I ventured out of the channel with the family to go to Santa Cruz Island and the wife and kids were blowing chunks, so I did not want to torture them anymore than I had to.

Hope all were safe.....

windjunkee

Member III
We raced this past weekend -- From San Pedro to Dana Point keeping Catalina Island to port. It was WINDY out there. We clocked 20-30 through the channel on the way to the west end and 25-40 with 8-10 ft. seas down the backside of the island. Fun race though, even though the ride down the backside of the island was white knuckle time.
There was one other Ericson in the race, but they were apparently in cruising class which did not go around the island. We saw another Ericson on Sunday on the way back. I could not identify the boat, but it appeared to be headed for Angels Gate.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 Hull # 134