• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New E 27 owner questions

joe-fran

Member II
I just bought a 1972 (or so I am told) E 27. I can't seem to locate the stamped hull number. Any sugestions?

Also, I would like to add a couple of cockpit combing storage areas. Any suggestions on where I can get these. I know years ago, they were available in most marine catalogs but I have'nt seen them since almost all sailboats now come with these as a standard item.
:egrin:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Welcome aboard! Your number should be on the back side of your transom. I forget exactly where. West Marine had the cockpit combing compartments you speak of. The require you to cut holes I believe. Personally I don't like putting holes in my boat if I don't have to. Here's a link to the part I think your looking for. I think? See pic.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...30/0/0/storage/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/0/0

Beam Winds

Jeff

Attachments

• 6871503.jpg
    6871503.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 243

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Here's a good thread on HINs (Hull Identification Number). You can find such things by going to the 'Search' feature at the top of the Information Exchange and entering parameters like 'HIN' or 'Hull ID', etc.

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=1878&highlight=HIN

Typically, they are found on the upper right (upper starboard) side of your transom. Very early Ericsons (prior to 1972, I believe) did not use this system, and are a little more difficult to ID. See the document in Craig's post in the thread above for a broad overview on Ericson IDs - across various models.

//sse

hcpookie

Member III
On my '75 it is on the RH side of the transom, about 10 inches down. The "stamp" appears to be molded in, so it isn't readily noticeable unless you're looking for it...

HTH