• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Back to the Island!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thanks for the info Don. Your right, I got a loose estimate yesterday for about $1200 as well. I do have a used frame that I may be able to modify and save some money on making a dodger. Not a priority right now. I am marking my calendar with the dates you have planed. Lets keep in touch and try to meet up. I also go a private e-mail this morning from a E-38 owner asking about a possible EYO gathering. I guess it couldn't hurt to try to organize one again. Never much interest here in the past though.:esad:

Cheers

bigtyme805

Member III
I would love to have a gathering. In San Francisco they have a good following but in the Central/Southern area we are not as united. I think because we are all spread out.

One problem I have is the distance is 11/12 hours to Catalina for me from Channel Islands so it has to be a long weekend. Of course work obligations limit me, so I need some time to arrange my schedule.

In Channel Islands there are a lot of Ericsons but a lot of them need substantial work and most of the people don't even know this site even exists. When I see these boats so beat up it makes me sick. Just a little TLC, that's it. It's funny a guy near me just bought a 2000 Catalina28 with big payments and went for a sail with me and was so pissed when he got off. I asked him why are you so upset and his reply was, "I should have looked into one of these boats, I had no idea that they where this nice and now I have big payments when I could have owned a boat like yours with no payments." They just need to kept up and maintained.

Count me in as a prospective sailor and this function.