• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

35-2 diesel repower

Brisdon

Inactive Member
The best way to deal with the siphon situation is a device a friend of mine concocted many ears ago. I think this hasd prob ably been done a thousand time by now. Basically you take the hot salt water that has cooled the engine and bring it to a loop as high as you can get it just under the cockpit seats where they meet the companion way. That loop has a "T" in it with a nipple running up. At this same point there is a larger "T' for the exhaust water mix heading a stearn to be flushed from the boat. This nipple connects the two "t" together so that the water can bleed into the exhaust and the exhaust can back up into the water line headed down to the manifold. What happens is that both anti-syphon loops work off each other so there is no water or air passing into the boat. The exhaust will also take extra water that isn't needed at the manifold. It makes sort of a volume regulating exhaust water system. I don't know if that make sense, but I have done a few of these, My 35-2 has been running this way for 10 years, very smoothly. Probably the best thing is to phone me up and then I can make a sketch of what this is. 310 270 8300. Or e-mail me at michaelbrisdon@earthlink.net

Last edited: