• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A great corrosion resistant coating

gabosifat

Member III
Hi All,

Thought some of you might want to hear about a great product for preventing corrosion on aluminum (and probably lots of other things). It's called Nyalic & was developed by NASA for use in extreme conditions. It is a clear liquid which you paint on and it dries slightly glossy but not really shiny. It lasts for years. My marine store guy recommended it for my black toe rail on my old C&C. It was looking very tired and old. I put one coat on and it made the rail look great & it still looked great 4 years later. My marine store guy did his aluminum gutters on one side of his house & not the other side - he said the painted ones looked like new 10 years later whereas the unpainted ones had oxidized a lot - he said the difference was remarkable.
It's easy to put on with a small foam brush. I'm thinking of buffing my window frames and then putting it on.

Cheers,
Steve Gabbott
E35/3 "Silent Dancer"
Vancouver

gabosifat

Member III
Hi Nate,

I bought it from a company in New Westminster BC called Budget marine. I have however seen it recently at Windsor Plywood in Vancouver. Nyalic has a website which I'm sure would point you to dealers.

http://www.nyalic.com/

Steve

gabosifat

Member III
I notice on the Nyalic website that they claim it resists marine growth. I am thinking next year I'll coat my prop with it to prevent both corrosion and growth.
Steve

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
I'm having trouble getting ahold of this miracle product.

I'd like to put my hands on some before I remount my aluminum toe-rail and portlight frames.

I've tried contacting the nyalic USA folks through their website but no reply after my first try. Second try now underway.

Are some of you finding it locally or online? What sorts of places?

Shadowfax

Member III
Too Good to be True?

This stuff looks too good to be true, and you know what they say about things that are too good to be true. Has anybody actually used this on fiberglass? Using it under the water line on the running gear sounds like a nice place to start.