• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

cabin mast teak topping

rudy

Member II
I'm missing the teak that goes around the top of the mast in the cabin, between the mast and headliner. I've made a template to make it, but now looking at the mast, I can't see any way of attaching it. It has to have at least 1/2" clearance from the mast and I can't see any holes above. Anyone having this kind of ring, please give me an idea how yours is attached.

u079721

Contributing Partner
Two pieces!

By the way, if you are going to make one from scratch, you might want to think about making it in two pieces, rather than one big oval. I used to step my mast every spring, and while I never once forgot to put that teak ring around the mast as it came down through the deck, I always figured the day would come when I did.

One day that day will come. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow....but soon, and for the rest of the season........or however that Bogart speach goes. Anyway, if you forgot, then having the ring in two pieces would be pretty slick.

P Abele

Member II
The trim piece on our E33 is in two pieces and I appreciate it since it can be removed and replaced with the mast in place. Also, it can be tigher to the mast than the hole in your cabin top and this nice piece of trim removed when the mast is stepped and unstepped.