• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Portable dehumidifier

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
I'm looking into putting a small portable dehumidifier like the one in this link on the boat. I'm trying to stay away from big bulky heavy units. I searched the board, but the previous thread dealt with pretty expensive or bulky units. I'm thinking of trying this and maybe putting a small (1/4 inch?) tube in it if it fills up too fast. Any thoughts?

http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AjmRqduuaGFnetWKD9qkDVgbFt0A;_ylu=X3oDMTBtNTA5a3RqBF9zAzE0NDg5MTE1BHNlYwNzZWFyY2g-?p=WindChaser+Portable+Small+Dehumidifier+&did=

Last edited:
If you have an automatic bilge pump, drain the dehumidifer into the bilge and then you never have to worry about the container topping out.
Morgan Stinemetz

Guy Stevens

Too Small a removal Amount

The removal amount of .8 pints a day is not going to make any difference on you boat. You need one that removes a lot more water from the air than that. There is a great one that we have put on a coupe of boats, ss front cover, really nice goes for about $150.00 or so. I will grab the brand and info for you when I am at the shop today.

Guy
:)

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Thanks Guy...

Thanks Guy...
I'm just looking for something that I can either stow, or easily put in the car. My thought here is that the small amount would be better than the nothing that is being removed now. One of the other options I'm thinking of is putting in one of the new cruisair controls for the AC system that has a "dehumidfy" setting.
THanks,
Chris

Steve J

Member I
Stainless unit

This unit is very portable at 28 lbs: http://www.mightydry.com/index.htm

It is very corrosion resistant with stainless body & copper coils. Beauty is
ability, because of high efficiency, to operate down low to 45 deg F ambient without freezing up. I've used it for a year with no problems. I just set it over the sink and it drains out of the boat directly....no worry about
bilge pump failure.