• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Avalon for Easter Weekend?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Avalon for Easter Weekend?

I am considering going to Avalon for Easter weekend before the Summer Crowds show up. I would probably head over on the morning of Thursday the 13th and sail back in the afternoon on Easter Sunday the 16th. Any one else thinking the same way?:clap:

Last edited:

Meanolddad

Member III
Sounds like a plan to me.

Hey Jeff
I will put in for the time off when I get to work Monday. Both my Daughters will be off that week so we may see you there.
Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Sounds good Greg, I just mentioned it to my Boss today. All we need now is favorable weather for that weekend. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. My experiences in going over in mid April in the past is a lot of wind. Usually 20 knots +. That's a good thing. How about Dan Hayes & Sven? How about David Windish and his big E-46?

We can hunt for Fish Eggs!:cheers:

Last edited:

Meanolddad

Member III
Hey Jeff
Having a hard time getting the days off. Seems they are having trouble getting someone to cover my shift at work. If Avolon does not look to crowded we will head over on Friday morning when I get off shift.
Hope to see you there
Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey, Mean Old Dad, I meant Greg,

No worries, I may not be able to go until Friday morning myself. It's usually not that crowed that early in the season. I also want to see what the weathers like that week so I really wont be deciding until the last minute but I am still intending on going. I guess most folks have Family, Church and Bunny obligations because your the only one who has responded.

Hope the weather Gods smile on us that weekend.

Hope to see ya, backatchya!

Jeff

Meanolddad

Member III
It is up to the Weather Gods now.

Hey Jeff
I got the days off, amazing what happens when they offered my shift at time and a half.
As long as the weather is good we will be heading over.

As an aside to your slip fee charges my great deal just ran out. At the marina I keep Regalus at the fee was $240.00 a month, but if I paid 5 months in advance the 6th month was free. It worked out to $200.00 a month with no other charges. I just paid the next 5 months and have now found out that the next time my contract runs out it will become a month to month for $240.00. No more 5 month deals. It was nice while it lasted.

Oh well everyone is going to sleep so it must be time for me to go to work

Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hi Greg,

I still wont be able to depart until Good Friday AM. I will be crossing the Channel with Islander 28 that will be trying to keep up with my E-27. The weather still seems to be a irritating factor. Here's the extended forecast from NOAA.

Today: Partly cloudy. Highs in the 60s.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy. A sprinkle possible. Lows in the upper 40s to mid 50s.

Saturday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the 60s. West winds 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday night: Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s to mid 50s. West winds 15 to 20 mph in the evening.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the 60s.

Sunday night through Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 40s and 50s. Highs in the lower to mid 60s.

Tuesday night and Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 40s to mid 50s. Highs around 60.

Wednesday night and Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 40s to mid 50s. Highs in the lower to mid 60s.

Let's hope it gives us a break by Friday!

Sorry to hear about your slip rates. You are still doing a lot better than I. I am at $285.00 a month!

Pray to the weather Gods!

Hope to see you at Avalon!

Meanolddad

Member III
The weather gods are laughing and it is an evil laugh.

Hey Jeff

Forecast is calling for rain on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. :esad: The weather gods are mean. If the forecast does not change we will probably not be going. I am still hoping for good weather, I will be going to the boat tomorrow when I get off shift to finish up a couple of projects so we can go if the weather clears.

Hope to see you there.

Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hi Greg,

I spent quite a few hours this weekend getting the boat ready for this trip and the coming weekend. Had a great sail on Saturday, got about half way across the channel. Great Day Sail! Would have been a perfect weekend for the island.

I have my 83 year old Father flying down from Seattle and joining me for this trip to get away from the rain and now this dam forecast. We will also be hoping the weather guys are wrong again. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jeff

Meanolddad

Member III
Hey Jeff
We will not be going, between the weather and someone calling in sick for the week at work my days off were canceled.
Maybe next time.
Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Me and my 83 years young Pop are going for it. Heck, Rain, that's what Foulies are for. Headed for Avalon on Friday and Two Harbors or Cat Harbor on Saturday. Wind and swells are light and it should be clear by Saturday afternoon. Woo Hoo, first Island trip of the season!:egrin: :jollyroge :lol3:

Meanolddad

Member III
Now I feel like a sissy.

Hey Jeff
Foulies, this is socal we don't need no stinking foulies. I hope you have a good time.
Enjoy
Greg