• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Puget Sound: South: Dockton

hodo

Member III
Puget Sound: South Central: Dockton

PUGET SOUND,SOUTH CENTRAL
  1. SOUTHWEST SIDE OF MAURY ISLAND
  2. EASY TO GET TO,QUIET, CLOSE TO TACOMA
  3. HEAD UP QUARTERMASTER HARBOR, BETWEEN VASHON AND MAURY ISLANDS, WILL BE TO STARBOARD JUST PAST THE OLD COMMERCIAL FISHING DOCK
  4. WE LIKE IT BECAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO OUR MOORAGE, ABOUT 1 1/2 HOURS, ITS QUIET AND PEACEFUL, IN THE OFF SEASON, YOU CAN BE THE ONLY BOAT THERE. YOU CAN TIE UP TO THE FLOATS, OR ANCHOR OUT, IT HAS SHOWERS AND RESTROOMS ON SHORE,RESTROOMS AT THE HEAD OF THE RAMP OPEN DURING SUMMER, YOU CAN TAKE A BUS TO TOWN IN THE MORNING AND BE A TOURIST, OR WANDER THE BEACH, PLUS THERE IS A PLAYGROUND FOR THE SMALL PEOPLE.
  5. DON'T CUT THE CORNERS, THERE ARE A NUMBER OF SHALLOWS OFF THE POINTS. PAY ATTENTION TO THE RED BOUY AT THE ENTRANCE TO QMASTER HARBOR, AND WATCH OUT FOR A FAIR NUMBER OF CRAB POTS. STAY CLOSE TO THE FLOATS COMING AND GOING OUT OF THE MOORAGE,ASIT IS SHALLOW PAST THE POLES TO THE NORTH.
  6. BY THE WAY, THIS FACILITY WAS A JOINT VENTURE OF THE LOCAL BOATING COUNCIL AND THE COUNTY, SO IT CAN WORKSOMETIMES.
  7. HAPPY SAILING, HAROLD AND JESSIE S/V MISCHIEF MAKER :devil:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Marine parks question

Parks question:
If we are going to wander around the Sound for a couple of weeks this summer after the rendezvous, should we get a Washington Parks annual pass? I have heard that it is a good deal financially if staying more than XX number of nights at any of the State's parks.
Loren

hodo

Member III
Yes, after, I think 7 days, you are paid up. also applies to stae park bouys. We usually get ours at Blake Island on Easter weekend, when the club has it's annual outing. Enjoy!! Harold

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
The First NW Entry!

Excellent! Our first post - and of course, the place I spent more overnights than anywhere else (an easy hit from my marina...). ;)

//sse

hodo

Member III
Loren, one thing you might want to check is if the parks dept. treats out-of-state boats differently. I don't know..... I'll see what I can find out. Harold

hodo

Member III
I was just over to Dockton last week, and found they had some storm damage to the pier. The floats are just fine, so it's kind of like a boat in only place. It looks like you could circumvent the gate easy enough if you HAD to. Just a "Heads Up". Harold

Dave G

Member II
Marine Parks Permit

Loren,

You can purchase a Washigton State Marine Parks Moorage Permit online. http://www.parks.wa.gov/moorage/. I think 10 days is aboout the break even point cost wise. I find the biggest advantage to pre purchasing the permit is it saves the hassle of having cash to pay for the moorage. You are still required to register for the moorage, but you simply need to fill in you permit number. I highly recommend the prepaid permit to make your cruise more hassle free.

Enjoy the San Juans...........

Dave Green
E29 Spirit
Bellingham

hodo

Member III
Dockton Update

We spent the weekend at Dockton with our club and had a Salmon bake. The place is all back together and is business as usual. When the "Park Person" found out we were going to have a group there, they cleaned the docks and extended a warm welcome . They even left the showers open later than normal! Thanks to them, we all had a great time. Harold @ Jessie S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

usmcgrizz

Member I
Marine parks pass

Joan and I utilized our annual pass enough to break even last year and hope to do better in 2007. Most of the marine parks have an adequate number of mooring bouys. We used the ones at old Port Townsend three times last summer and only once found another boat there. There were tons of bouys at Succia also. We hope to explore some of the south sound parks this spring when we arrive.

David and Joan Brockett
s/v Mariahhh
70Ericson29